Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 53' Hatteras ED

53' Hatteras ED

Anybody know anything about a 53 Hatteras ED, called 30 West?

Re: 53' Hatteras ED

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Anybody know anything about a 53 Hatteras ED, called 30 West?
    Yes. I sold it to the previous owner (over ten years ago) who sold it to (I presume) the current owner. It was an almost flawless Chesapeake Bay kept under cover boat named "Lady Diana" when I sold her. Now I'm told, not so much. I'm told she has storm damage (lightening) from a hurricane last Fall. Airline pilot owner AFAIK hence the runway reference boat name. Mid east coast FL location.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thanks Eric. I'm currently bringing the boat from Clearwater Florida to Iuka MS for the new owner. I don't see any obvious damage and the boat runs well. It is very, very corrosion free. Can't get the radar work. But other than that, nice boat.

Ahoy Eric...

Former Owner from 2010 till 2014...

Me, Myself, and I.
    50% of this members posts are verified facts50% of posts are intended to be for entertainment onlyYou decideCaptain Wise :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Airline pilot owner AFAIK hence the runway reference boat name. Mid east coast FL location.
    Not a runway reference..... 30W is a longitude. It's pretty much the middle of the Northern Atlantic and the changeover point between North American and Northern European control. It's also where you find yourself in the middle of the night going East if you do that kind of flying. So, aviation speak for "the middle of nowhere".
    Last edited by oscarvan; 08-27-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wise View Post
    Ahoy Eric...

Former Owner from 2010 till 2014...

Me, Myself, and I.
    Nice boat. Other a small place midship, at the hull deck joint, and a small repair forward, Starbord, at the hull deck joint, I saw no significant issues. Governor boost spring broke about halfway home, and we replaced the potable water pump rubber stator, with your spare, and repaired a trim tab fitting that broke. Couldn't get the get the radar working, and it appeared to have some cabling missing. How'd it wind up a salvage boat?

Here's what she looked like when I sold her to Captain Wise: http://www.bayport.biz/boat/1985/hat...abilized/1351/
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"