Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Television on the boat.

For OTA, I have this antenna:

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=p8022

Seems to work well.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: DirectTV at $120/mo. I don't know what package or how many receivers that entailed. However, I've had their basic package with two boxes and was paying $120/mo. I had enough of it and called them. They cut the bill in half for the next year and changed out all my 15 year old stuff for a new contract. When the year is up, I can go through the dog and pony show again for the deal.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Maybe not. I got the deal for our beach house for a year, and then it went right back up and they wouldn't negotiate. On the bright side, I am shitcanning them in November and getting on-line TV instead, for a lot less.

I stream online Direct TV now via my Roku for $35 a month and get 40 channels. I use an OTA antenna and get around 50 channels with it for local programing.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Maybe not. I got the deal for our beach house for a year, and then it went right back up and they wouldn't negotiate. On the bright side, I am shitcanning them in November and getting on-line TV instead, for a lot less.
    Jim, you are obviously not familiar with the 'cancel my service' department at DirectTV. Not only do they not keep you holding, you get a corn-fed Iowa farm boy who speaks American.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I like the XM music on the Dish too. We use that while cruising. I have the Dish receiver hooked into the stereo throughout the boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have a KVH antenna with direct TV. I put up with direct but don’t like it. My daughter’s boyfriend wanted to watch a local channel for sports and he went out and bought an HD antenna that was small and hooked it into the back of the TV and we had local channels with very good reception. Forgive me if some of you have mentioned it but this is smaller than a shoe box and did great. No antenna to install and all of that.