Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Red face 1981 48 Hatteras

Well we just put an offer in on Bobk’s Chateau de Mer. Fingers Crossed.

Re: 1981 48 Hatteras

Yes we just got the call. We are now the owners of Bobk’s Chateau de Mer. We look at the boat on
    Saturday and looks like Bob (God rest his sole) took very good care of her. I'm sure I'm going to asking a lot of questions about how this works. This is are First Hatteras.

She was well cared for. I added fuses for him after his last survey. He was always keeping ahead of things.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Congratulations..

You're probably getting the best 48 Series I out there. Bob and I were very good friends and I have personal knowledge that he was probably the most fastidious boat owner I ever met. There was nothing lacking on his boat. He even had the engines and transmissions rebuilt before they had any issues. The boat was lived on and Bob made many trips on her and didn't want to wait for anything to break. He was also constantly checking for leaks and testing with his moisture meter. I miss our long talks about everything from boating to family. I had a sister ship (1982 Series I, 48 MY) which I recently sold and was very familiar with the 48's. Where do you plan to home port the boat?

Hatteras made very few of those boats during the 3 years ('81 through '84) that they were in production. I was told by the folks at Hatteras that the cost to build was too high and for a little more a prospective buyer could buy a 53 MY. There are some magazine articles in the archives of this forum that you may want to read about the 48. If I you need to discuss anything about the boat, please contact me.

Walt

Congrats! Glad to hear Bob's boat will stay in the HOF family.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Walt we will be keeping her at a Marina in Fort Myers, Florida. This is our first Hatteras, so might be a lot of questions.