Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: Have you run your boat this month?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 86.05%
  • No

4 9.30%
  • I plan to

1 2.33%
  • Not going to happen

1 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Did you run your boat this month?

Didn’t run my boat but spent 2 1/2 weeks running a friends boat in the Gulf Islands in British Columbia Canada. My fuel costs were a lot lower that way and the scenery was terrific, also the weather was mid 80’s the whole time.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Up here on the St Croix in Minnesota, we have been under a no-wake warning for 4 of the last 5 weeks. We still have been boating every weekend, but it is hard to make longer trips down river when you can't go over 4.9 knots. I would like to make a run down to the Tennessee Lakes later this year in the image1.jpgfall, but that is time dependent since it would be a 3-4 week round trip.
    image1.jpg

I live in a no wake zone so I feel your pain.

Its 12 miles to the fuel dock and can be a long run.If I hit the main channel where I can get up on plane ( 16 kts ) I save a half hour each way.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Ya'll are lucky. No one seems to have heard of no wake zones around here.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I wish we had less no wake zones and were able to spoil em up more often.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Can I vote twice?

We just did the Northeast Rendezvous which for me was over a 100 mi round trip. The boat gave us a few performance issues, but it was still a great time.

When I have some free time I'll try to edit some of the shaky video of dolphins from the ride back.

"When I have time",... don't hold your breath. But I'll try.
    Last edited by Avenger; 07-30-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Now that's a silly question.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I keep my boat at Tidewater Yacht Marina in Portsmouth, Va on a floating dock. I frequently hop on the boat alone or with company and take a run up the Elizabeth River out past the Norfolk Naval Base and the carrier piers then out into the roads where the James River joins the Chesapeake Bay and the ocean. It makes for a good 2 - 3 hour trip. We are planning some 3 - 4 day weekend trips on the Chesapeake.

During June, I took my wife and 2 daughters to Seattle, Washington to spend a week cruising on my cousin's Nordic 37 from Bainbridge Island up to Anacortes. The weather was lovely with low humidity and no bugs. Scenic too.

I could get used to that!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Essentially the Chesapeake Bay is closed to traffic our size. there is so much heavy debris floating in the bay that it isn't safe to take any boat out right now. Even at idle speed, you could hit something that would hole the boat. This is the result of the heavy rains we've had up here, and the opening of the Conowingo Dam, which traps an enormous amount of trees, junk and fertilizer runoff from PA and NY. It will take weeks to clear, if not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Essentially the Chesapeake Bay is closed to traffic our size. there is so much heavy debris floating in the bay that it isn't safe to take any boat out right now. Even at idle speed, you could hit something that would hole the boat. This is the result of the heavy rains we've had up here, and the opening of the Conowingo Dam, which traps an enormous amount of trees, junk and fertilizer runoff from PA and NY. It will take weeks to clear, if not longer.
    I guess we're just luckier down here. Stuff gets flushed out to sea quicker. But, the waterways all up and down SC coast are red alert fecal bacteria levels. I hate it for my diver, but everyone's got their own set of problems.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC