Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

St Croix Dinghy Lift

Need help in selecting a dinghy lift for our 1986 43MY.Money is an issue so proper
    selection he first time is crucial.Pictures would be great.I am going to be 88 this year and climbing
    on the aft deck to launch is not my thing anymore.The dinghy is an AB The total weight is under
    300lbs with motor.Cruising is the Great Lakes.The ST Croix seems a good option.I did find the pictures
    of the 1973 Aft Cabin in the forum.
    Thanks Werner Schoenknecht MIRAGE

Re: St Croix Dinghy Lift

Werner - I just ran across your post from 6 months ago. I have a 43DC without the flybridge and have been researching possible davit solutions without getting crazy with complexity and cost. Have you learned anything that you can share of your progress? The idea of having the dinghy located off the swim platform and out of the way is what I think would be preferable with this style Hatt. Thanks

Greg Harrington, a frequent contributor on this site and the owner of a 43, makes a davit that looks promising and reasonable to me. http://www.transomdavits.com

Thanks, Jammin, for the info. Looks promising. I live in the Atlanta area which means checking it (John’s Creek area) out should be easy. My boat is in Knoxville where it takes a bit more legwork to get things done.

I had the St Croix setup on a 31 Tiara and it required a lot of reinforcing. I also put a similar style setup on the transom of a 42 Bertram MY. That required reinforcing as well. So be prepared that it might not be as simple as installing it without altleast some backing plates. It may also complicate stern line handling, transom access, and possibly without installing new cleats you will have to run the stern lines over or under the dinghy, neither great choices. But maybe with no tides or a side tie no big deal.