Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley Maid Story and Replacement

Ok. After a year of a bubbling toilet and it not really flushing I decided to get rid of it and replace with a fresh water flush by Jabsco.

Now the bad part the PVC piping to the motor. The motor was in the master below the floor and the PVC ran throughout the boat. It was fully clogged with calcium deposits (The boat is a 1989).

I mean the PVC weight 40+ LBS for a 10 foot run. How!?! Why?!? basically not only would I have to rebuild all of the PVC but also the pump.

The Jabsco is fine, def a little louder than used to but no more smells and flushes like a rock star!! Aweful job but it is done!

Re: Galley Maid Story and Replacement

All those years of salt water and everything else. Most have had to replace all hoses way before you did. Do you have any new parts for the Galley Maid you want to get rid of?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have the Vacuum panel and the pump. Basically everything. Was going to send back to Raz marine but ran out of steam. Tough with a 13 month old running around.

I need some new staters if you have them. Only new.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Sorry definitely used. The pump is from Raz. Will probably send back to them if I motivate. But, with a host of other projects this will be a busy 4th if July.

Have a great 4th.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California