Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 cycle oil

Dave Guest

2 cycle oil

Genesis,

Does Delo 400 40 weight meet the ash and zinc requirements of DDC? I believe it shows CF, but I don't know about the -2 designation.

atclj Guest

DD Oil

On my last oil change my mechanic told me I should be using DELO 100 instead of 400 because 100 is made for 2 cycle.

mike Guest

2 cycle oil

delo 100 is correct, there is user notice on the delo websit explaining the issue. mike...

Genesis Guest

Delo 400 USED TO be ok, no longer is

It was reformulated a couple of years ago and no longer carries a Cx-2 rating.

The OLD Delo 400 is ok, the new is NOT. Use Delo 100.

dshuman Guest

DD Oil

Detroit Diesel also has a specially formulated "Detroit Diesel" branded 2-cycle diesel engine oil in straight 40 wt. May actually be Delo 100 in a different kimono, but it's what I use in my 8V71TI's.

PascalG Guest

DD oil

yes, the DD branded oil is what I use. I get it from a local DD dealer here in miami for jsut under $ 40 / 5 gal pail. It's not a marine place, they seem to cater to trucks...

Genesis Guest

DD's "branded" oil....

... is Mobil/Texaco XD-40. Same stuff in a different bottle. We have the XD-40 available here from the fisherman's coop in bulk - bring your own pails - saves 'ya some moolah.

skammtoo Guest

DD Oil

I've been almost exclusively been using Shell Rotella 40w for over 6 years in my 8V71n's with about 3300 hours on them. I saw a pair of 671TI's with about 1600 hours taken apart a few years ago that looked almost new. Except for normal wear parts, Atlantic Detroit said they were exceptionally clean.

You just have to be sure you're using the right Rotella for 2 strokes.8o

captbuddy Guest

DD Oil

I also am using Shell Rotella 40W in my 453N. I hope this is OK? I just heard this was a high grade oil and was able to purchase it from one of our customers. Any comments are welcome, pro or con.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

tomrealest Guest

DD Oil

How about Texaco URSA HD40? That's what I was told and I've been using but I never checked it out.