Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley maid head pump signs of wear

What are the typical signs that a pump will need new stators and rebuilding soon? How long will it take?Also, I’m in need of these parts if anyone has spares. Otherwise I will order from Raz. Thanks

Re: Galley maid head pump signs of wear

Doesn’t flush unless you plunge it. You can find parts on e bay. I like going direct to Raz just to make sure I get the right parts. Look on youtube unfe galley maid rebuild and these show you how. Easy.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

You know, I have to draw the line at someone else’s spare head parts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Lol I didn’t say USED.

I’ve got one of three heads that evacuates the bowl at the same speed as it fills it. The others seem to clear the bowl faster than new water enters. Thinking it may be stator time.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    I’ve got one of three heads that evacuates the bowl at the same speed as it fills it. The others seem to clear the bowl faster than new water enters. Thinking it may be stator time.
    If I remember correctly, inlet side is 7 GPM and discharge is 10 GPM. The new owner (2 years) at Raz is very helpful and will walk you through virtually everything. I talked to him in the shop while he rebuilt my second head pump. Gave me the confidence to rebuild my third one myself (not hard to do just a few steps you don't want to omit).

Look for buildup in the hoses. Sometimes it's not the pump.

Clear the lines and try again.

Just get something spicy to get the taste out of your mouth if you decide to blow them clear with air.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Look for buildup in the hoses. Sometimes it's not the pump.

Clear the lines and try again.

Just get something spicy to get the taste out of your mouth if you decide to blow them clear with air.
    HA! I never needed anything spicy; just replaced all the discharge hoses on the assumption they needed it. I did find the ones from the pump to the vented loop were invariably constricted (this was for all three heads).