Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 170 HP Hatteras 38 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    The old 45' are sturdy gals. A little to thirsty/slow for my liking, but here's a nice updated one with modern power that Slane did: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/196.../United-States

Ask prices have seemed to creep up lately....
    If that boat surveys well, it's a bargain. Lugger L6125s are some of the best medium size marine diesels ever made. And at 1880 hours they still have a lot of time left on them if they are in good shape. This boat could use an exterior cleanup and detailing but I think that's a fair price for her, leaves you some room for the while-you're -in-theres.

Nice turn of speed, too, and decent economy. A little crusty in a few spots, but overall not bad at all.

Re: 170 HP Hatteras 38 Convertible

Often when someone looks outside the box, in this case pretty far, someone gripes. Just because it's different doesn't mean it is bad. Even if it is hard to sell.

Lots of ideas posted here bring negative options. And the changes work out any way.

About 10 years ago I switched my 32 volt system to 12 volts. Some were critical of my decision. I'm happy. And when I need new batteries, all 19 G31s are about $2, but the best is the ease of handling.

Sometimes you just gotta go with it.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY