Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-71 TI Temp

Re: 8-71 TI Temp

Thanks, I think I'm going to go ahead and order a set of thermostats. Did they come with gaskets?

I just replaced both of my heat exchangers on my 871 ti. After the replacement, they run just below 180 when running around 1900-2000 rpm.
    Last edited by sine; 05-29-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chad View Post
    Thanks, I think I'm going to go ahead and order a set of thermostats. Did they come with gaskets?
    Yes you'll get a paper gasket with them, but you'll need to order the seals separately.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Skycheney. I Ordered gaskets separately but they can go into the box of spares. I located the thermostat housings last night while I was messing with another project. They point straight up toward the salon floor. The salon was carpeted pre-me. They covered everything but the center hatch. I have about 12" over the top of the housings. Has anybody pulled those seals without a slide hammer puller? Or am I cutting my carpet? Parts are supposed to be here Friday.

I'm not sure on the 871's but I think the seals are in the top part that you will be removing. Take out on the bench to replace the seals.

Also, try dropping the old thermostats in a pan of water on the stove. See if they open fully and at what temp. I just used my IR gun.
    Sky Cheney

Thermostats made no change. In on my first hour of backflush with the Genesis method. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Pull the he and get it cleaned at a radiator shop. It could be the closed circuit side.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Pull the he and get it cleaned at a radiator shop. It could be the closed circuit side.
    True. What coolant is in there? The green stuff or the newer purple PowerCool or such?

When was coolant last flushed/changed?
    Sky Cheney

The red Detroit stuff. I let it run in the slip for a while and they both came up to about 150 on the thermostat housings. Maybe that got it... Won't know anything until I run it.

No, I haven't flushed the closed side. What kind of coolant are you guys running?

Distilled water and napacool.

We dont get too much cold weather here.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.