Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: NEW NorCal Roundup Alert

https://grindstonejoe.org/
    There is a road to the marina so for sure come on by! Closest airport would be Sacramento International. Its about a 40 minute south drive on the 5 Freeway
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Hello NorCal Hatteras Roundup Folk;

Captain Chuck here with more on this as of this evening. The Grindstone Joes folks needs a boat count of course. The weekend they have open is Sept 25-26.

What they provided this afternoon is this:
    "...we'll be sending you a contract asking for a $300 deposit to reserve the date and asking for a certificate of comprehensive general liability insurance with a limit of liability not less than $1,000,000 per each occurrence and name Grindstone Joe’s as an additional insured during the term."

I need to find out if this is PER yacht. I'm prepared to front the $300 to reserve that date for us. You'd have plenty of time to contact your insurance providers to accommodate the additionally insured rider request.

Can I get some volunteers to organize and put forward program suggestions for each day? Is this a strictly social event or do you all want some content? We all are an expert at one aspect or another with respect to preserving the Hatteras history and our vessels.

Here's a snippit from the OpenCPN chart:

GSJ Nav Map.jpg

This is a great trip into the Delta River System which is comprised of the Sacramento and the San Joaquin Rivers.

I propose getting there Friday afternoon, and perhaps planning to leave Monday.

Rusty has a line on a Bar-B-Que caterer for one evening. There's also fabulous cooking facilities there for us to put on an informal al Fresco Pot-Luck Dinner with great grills.

Read all about our get together rendezvous location here: https://grindstonejoe.org/.

Coordinates are 38°6'7"N 121°29'22"W. It is a tidally restricted entrance so some planning is advised.

GSJ Location.jpg

If you're ready to commit to the event please drop me an email: chuckbullett@gmail.com.

I'll put a cruising and activity package together. Rusty and I are really pumped about pulling all of us together. Looking forward to see you.

Chuck and Lisa Bullett
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Working on a quorum!

RonNP arrived in my Marina a day or so back, and there are now 3 local (Juke Joint, Wet Ever, Reposado) and Rusty is busy with Chuck setting up a SF Bay meetup.

Welcome Ron (even if temporarily)!

I am going to frequent Anh's more (bar from which all three boats are visible)!

DAN
    I'd like to stop by and catch this sight of three Hats in Richmond. Whose around this weekend? I'll have to find you at Anh's I guess, Dan! I'm sure that I must owe you a drink.
    Last edited by chuckbullett@gmail.com; 03-13-2021 at 02:22 AM.
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    We won't be able to get Benedetto there in time but Trina and I would still like to come by air. Does it make sense for us to try? Will we be able to get to any of the activities without a boat?
    Hi Guys- Love to have you. The location is remote and rustic... it is not one of the lovely FTL Marinas that my wife and I go "boat shopping" in whenever we're there visiting her family. I suggest that if you do come be prepared for an adventure. The nearest town is Lodi and Woodbridge. Coming into the Sacramento Airport is your best bet I think. SFO and Oakland are also options, but then its about a two hour drive to get to the location.

We're working on a possible limited program. Anything you'd be interested in presenting or hearing about?

Thank You

Chuck Bullett
    m/v Chartmaker
    chuckbullett@gmail.com
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Hey guys,

I am definitely in. The only question is how much COVID dirt I can get off of REPOSADO by September, but if necessary I will drive or ride-along.

Chuck: it would be great to catch up! Not sure about Ahn's yet, but maybe. The three Hatts mentioned included WetEver but Ron had to move to Stockton (probably restraining order reasons :-)

Jeff says that there is a 46' on F Dock so may be another owner in the mix as well. Rusty is the very best at meeting people, and he must be in touch with the other SFBay folks in Sausalito, Redwood City, Emeryville, Berkeley, etc.

I have not been checking in here much, so texts work pretty well.

DAN

Hi Dan;

All good. i dropped you an email. Forward over your phone number when you can.

We'll send out a cruise package in about a month.

Thanks!

Chuck B

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Hey guys,

I am definitely in. The only question is how much COVID dirt I can get off of REPOSADO by September, but if necessary I will drive or ride-along.

Chuck: it would be great to catch up! Not sure about Ahn's yet, but maybe. The three Hatts mentioned included WetEver but Ron had to move to Stockton (probably restraining order reasons :-)

Jeff says that there is a 46' on F Dock so may be another owner in the mix as well. Rusty is the very best at meeting people, and he must be in touch with the other SFBay folks in Sausalito, Redwood City, Emeryville, Berkeley, etc.

I have not been checking in here much, so texts work pretty well.

DAN
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Is there a hotel to stay in that is close by? John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

https://winerose.com/

You will get some brownie points from the wife for staying here. It is about 13 miles from the marina. This is where the Hollywood crowd comes to get away from it all
    Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith were recent guests at the hotel.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Is there a hotel to stay in that is close by? John
    John, if my grandkids don’t come you’re welcome to stay on SEVEN. I’ll let you know as time comes closer.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks Ron, to expensive, I just bought another boat. Thanks Rusty, that would be great.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.