Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: NEW NorCal Roundup Alert

We’ve got extra crew with us so the bunks are taken on Chartmaker. I’ll ask the hosts if there’s a motel nearby that they would recommend,
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Re: NEW NorCal Roundup Alert

HOTEL/MOTEL Information-

There is small place called Yogi bear Cabins at Tower Park, walking/biking distance to Grind Stone Joe's, otherwise near Lodi has a Best Western and a few others. Book early!
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

The COUNTDOWN Has Begun -NORCAL ROUNDUP IN SEPTEMBER 2021

The 60-Day Count Down has Started to the NORCAL Roundup!

I was at Grind Stone Joes to have dinner with the hosts there this evening and we were working out our docking details and procedures for the roundup. I'll be sending out photos and drawings on what the drill will be.

Basically we'll be side-tieing to the docks with the House Boats Opposite the dock. We'll have room for perhaps 6-7 Hatterai, then well have to start rafting out. Only two boats per raft. We'll have to be understanding when our friends need to dance across our foredeck to access their boat if they're rafted to us next door. Be mindful if you have boarding ladders like I do... I'll insure that I dock port-side-to (where my Marquipt Ladder is)... exposing my clean starboard side toward the channel and available for someone to raft next to Chartmaker.

GSJ's generally does not host vessels as large as ours, but this plan will work. The Good news? They have plenty of 50A power hookups.

Still looking for help to plan some events for everyone and insure that you bring tablecloths and dinner place settings for the community dining area where we'll gather. It is the culture of GSJ's that , that's just what you do! One of our SF Yacht Clubs, Saint Francis, has a similar tradition at Tinsley Island, their resort island summer playground that is nearby.

Looking Forward! The last weekend in September.

Island View.jpg GSJ Nav Map.jpg

On the approach insure that you watch out for shoaling on the southern approach, I intend to come in via the Tower Part approach from the north:

Shoaling.jpg

Lisa and I will be arriving earlier on Friday to assist everyone on getting in on Saturday- Additionally, Grind Stone Joe's full time hosts, Patrick and Sharon Hind-Smith will be there to assisting in docking, answering questions, offering directions, and more. It will be a great place to get your dingy wet for the weekend as you explore the area.

Lets go exploring in the Delta!

Looking forward-

Chuck and Lisa Bullett
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Re: The COUNTDOWN Has Begun -NORCAL ROUNDUP IN SEPTEMBER 2021

All;

This Delta Variant has everyone right on the edge of their seats.

If you're coming to the NORCAL Roundup, please be prepared to display your vax certificate to the host at Grind Stone Joes. Patrick Hind Smith is our host, and states that the GSJ board is requiring him to certify all guests and visitors to the island resort.

I hate this stuff, but it just has to be.

Thank You

Chuck Bullett; Chartmaker
    Your Roundup Wrangler.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbullett@gmail.com View Post
    The 60-Day Count Down has Started to the NORCAL Roundup!

I was at Grind Stone Joes to have dinner with the hosts there this evening and we were working out our docking details and procedures for the roundup. I'll be sending out photos and drawings on what the drill will be.

Basically we'll be side-tieing to the docks with the House Boats Opposite the dock. We'll have room for perhaps 6-7 Hatterai, then well have to start rafting out. Only two boats per raft. We'll have to be understanding when our friends need to dance across our foredeck to access their boat if they're rafted to us next door. Be mindful if you have boarding ladders like I do... I'll insure that I dock port-side-to (where my Marquipt Ladder is)... exposing my clean starboard side toward the channel and available for someone to raft next to Chartmaker.

GSJ's generally does not host vessels as large as ours, but this plan will work. The Good news? They have plenty of 50A power hookups.

Still looking for help to plan some events for everyone and insure that you bring tablecloths and dinner place settings for the community dining area where we'll gather. It is the culture of GSJ's that , that's just what you do! One of our SF Yacht Clubs, Saint Francis, has a similar tradition at Tinsley Island, their resort island summer playground that is nearby.

Looking Forward! The last weekend in September.

Attachment 51774 Attachment 51775

On the approach insure that you watch out for shoaling on the southern approach, I intend to come in via the Tower Part approach from the north:

Attachment 51776

Lisa and I will be arriving earlier on Friday to assist everyone on getting in on Saturday- Additionally, Grind Stone Joe's full time hosts, Patrick and Sharon Hind-Smith will be there to assisting in docking, answering questions, offering directions, and more. It will be a great place to get your dingy wet for the weekend as you explore the area.

Lets go exploring in the Delta!

Looking forward-

Chuck and Lisa Bullett
    chuckbullett@gmail.com