Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beware of Discount Marine

Discount Marine, PA, promises 2 day delivery (in writing). Takes over two days to fill an order. When questioned, they respond saying five days (transit) is the reality and I if really expected two day I should have paid extra. No attempt to try and explain or offer something to mitigate. Many reputable businesses out there. This one ain’t.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C
    Charleston, SC

Re: Beware of Discount Marine

Bait and switch. However sense you stayed at one of their hotels recently you win a weeks vacation if you sit thru one of their no obligation seminars. Sound familiar?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Not me. Just the facts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C
    Charleston, SC

Discount marine supply.com?

What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.

Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?

Standard ground freight should get it to him in 2 days if its shipped and not sat on for a couple of days.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

When I want your opinion I'll give it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Discount marine supply.com?What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?
    What I expect is what they advertised. Scott’s correct, regular ground is a 2 day deal from there. Anyway, the email I received from them was pretty much an F/U.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C
    Charleston, SC

All these discount companies play games when it benefits them. They may not have inventory and need to order from a supplier when they get an order. I declined to set up that type of business model when my suppliers offered it to me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

When I want your opinion I'll give it to you?

I have the same problem with Corvette parts suppliers for the project we are doing. The only company I know of that really ships fast so that you get it in two days is McMaster-Carr. UNfortunately they don't stock a lot of Vette or Hatteras parts. Although they have a lot of very useful stuff.

Defender seems pretty good for their word on when you will get something. I have had fairly good luck with them.

West Marine has always been upfront with me on their shipping times

Online is so competitive now, it’s odd they’ve chosen a model that’s guaranteed to pi$$ people off. Many free shippping deals I’ve seen lately try to induce you to pay by guaranteeing 2 week delivery for free (of course you don’t see the “2 weeks” until you’ve entered all your order info), then a range of paid options for better delivery times. I always choose the free 2 week delivery, and it arrives in 3 days, sometimes even the next day.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL