Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beware of Discount Marine

Discount Marine, PA, promises 2 day delivery (in writing). Takes over two days to fill an order. When questioned, they respond saying five days (transit) is the reality and I if really expected two day I should have paid extra. No attempt to try and explain or offer something to mitigate. Many reputable businesses out there. This one ain’t.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Beware of Discount Marine

Bait and switch. However sense you stayed at one of their hotels recently you win a weeks vacation if you sit thru one of their no obligation seminars. Sound familiar?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Not me. Just the facts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Discount marine supply.com?

What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.

Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?

Standard ground freight should get it to him in 2 days if its shipped and not sat on for a couple of days.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Discount marine supply.com?What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?
    What I expect is what they advertised. Scott’s correct, regular ground is a 2 day deal from there. Anyway, the email I received from them was pretty much an F/U.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

All these discount companies play games when it benefits them. They may not have inventory and need to order from a supplier when they get an order. I declined to set up that type of business model when my suppliers offered it to me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have the same problem with Corvette parts suppliers for the project we are doing. The only company I know of that really ships fast so that you get it in two days is McMaster-Carr. UNfortunately they don't stock a lot of Vette or Hatteras parts. Although they have a lot of very useful stuff.

Defender seems pretty good for their word on when you will get something. I have had fairly good luck with them.

West Marine has always been upfront with me on their shipping times

Online is so competitive now, it’s odd they’ve chosen a model that’s guaranteed to pi$$ people off. Many free shippping deals I’ve seen lately try to induce you to pay by guaranteeing 2 week delivery for free (of course you don’t see the “2 weeks” until you’ve entered all your order info), then a range of paid options for better delivery times. I always choose the free 2 week delivery, and it arrives in 3 days, sometimes even the next day.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL