Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Beware of Discount Marine

Discount Marine, PA, promises 2 day delivery (in writing). Takes over two days to fill an order. When questioned, they respond saying five days (transit) is the reality and I if really expected two day I should have paid extra. No attempt to try and explain or offer something to mitigate. Many reputable businesses out there. This one ain’t.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Beware of Discount Marine

Bait and switch. However sense you stayed at one of their hotels recently you win a weeks vacation if you sit thru one of their no obligation seminars. Sound familiar?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Not me. Just the facts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Discount marine supply.com?

What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.

Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?

Standard ground freight should get it to him in 2 days if its shipped and not sat on for a couple of days.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Discount marine supply.com?What I read online was...." Need it fast?" Followed by an invite to pay more for 2nd day delivery.Did you expect ground freight delivery within 2 days of your order?
    What I expect is what they advertised. Scott’s correct, regular ground is a 2 day deal from there. Anyway, the email I received from them was pretty much an F/U.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

All these discount companies play games when it benefits them. They may not have inventory and need to order from a supplier when they get an order. I declined to set up that type of business model when my suppliers offered it to me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Discount Marine, PA, promises 2 day delivery (in writing). Takes over two days to fill an order. When questioned, they respond saying five days (transit) is the reality and I if really expected two day I should have paid extra. No attempt to try and explain or offer something to mitigate. Many reputable businesses out there. This one ain’t.
    Awful! Thanks for sharing Rob! These guys: http://www.impcorporation.com/en-us are pretty awesome! They buy and sell used marine engines. Hope all works out for ya.

-DB

Still don't get it. Apparently you're letting USPS off the hook though they often generate inconsistent information. The notice from USPS states the package was mailed on the 15th not the 16th. That notice also indicates it was sent by Priority Mail with a two day expected delivery. The tracking information seems to have the package in USPS hands from the 16th. The first USPS contradiction. It then remains with USPS for another day before processing. And this is the fault of the vendor? Not privy to your end of the " complaint exchange" though without question, the vendor's comments are inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Still don't get it. Apparently you're letting USPS off the hook though they often generate inconsistent information. The notice from USPS states the package was mailed on the 15th not the 16th. That notice also indicates it was sent by Priority Mail with a two day expected delivery. The tracking information seems to have the package in USPS hands from the 16th. The first USPS contradiction. It then remains with USPS for another day before processing. And this is the fault of the vendor? Not privy to your end of the " complaint exchange" though without question, the vendor's comments are inappropriate.
    It does?

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 3.21.00 PM.jpg
    They stuck a label on it and it sat for another day before being picked up.

As for contradictions, I don't think so. The vendor considered it shipped and sent a notification via Stamps.com. That's not the post office. It does appear the USPS info is accurate. I guess Stamps.com assumed the vendor would not sit on the shipment for a day.

The rub is Discount Marine Supply had a chance to clear up the problem with a little TLC. I haven't asked for anything from them. I brought it to their attention. Rather than acknowledge my inquiry, they went negative. You are right, they are completely out of line. Sort of makes you wonder how they'd handle a refund, don't it?

BTW, I haven't heard from them since they begged me to send them the 2 day estimate; they don't even know what they're sending out to the customer! Five days is a long way from two days. Once I sent them what they sent me, I can't get a reply or the guy on the phone. Hell, he sent me four emails in short order until the uh oh moment. Clearly Discount Marine Supply is a disreputable company and Christian Gray has yet to grow a pair--in my opinion.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC