Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up West Marine Owned by International Paper

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I don’t think WM would be in this situation had they not taken advantage of their customers to the extent they did. I think most understand the difference in making a fair profit and rape.
    Like myself, West Marine customers have a choice to shop &/or purchase products from wherever they like/choose. I don't see the problem. I choose to spend my money wherever and however I want too. No one is being forced to walk through the doors of any establishment!

I choose to eat at Ruth's Chris a least twice a month! I can get steak at Outback too, for much less money, but for some reason I always choose Ruth's Chris when I want someone else to cook a steak and asparagus for me, which I am perfectly capable of doing myself.

I go to my favorite gas stations to fuel up my vehicles and boats as well. I could drive to other, cheaper fuel stations if I wanted to, but I choose to spend my money where I like!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Carry on!
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Heck, I might as well stop drinking/buying Grey Goose and start drinking Popov! And from now on when I have the occasional beer I'll start getting Natural Light! No more Goose Island Sophie/Matilda or Stella Artois for me.

Why would I choose to pay more for any kind of alcohol when there are cheaper alternatives?!

I guess when I buy my next boat I'll rule out Hatteras & Viking and only look at Bayliners & Rinkers. Those boats float and are way less expensive!

Thanks for letting me know how much of an idiot I am for spending more money when I could choose to spend much less!
    Laziness, pays off now!

Re: West Marine Owned by International Paper

nd we'll throw you a beer, probably a Natty Boh. LOL
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 04-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks!
    Laziness, pays off now!

You do have the right to shop where you want. And if you choose worst morons you will pay more for cheaper alternatives. I have 2 issues with them.

1) they stock cheepo versions of whatever they can get at the highest price they can get for it. If you need a name brand or a specific part they probably don't have it.

2) they offer wholesale discounts to anyone that asks even on restricted items that they are not allowed to sell for resale or below a set price ignoring their manufacturers contracts. As a dealer I would be cut off for doing that but they claim there's too many associates so they can't control it. (Bull)

Other than that I don't care.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

6. Re: West Marine Owned by International Paper

A Ruth's Chris steak is not the same as an Outback steak.

2oz of Marine Tex should be the same product no matter where you buy it.
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

They are a brick and mortar business. Part of a dying breed. Personally I spend $500-$1000 per year there. Have no qualms about paying more at times. When I can do more planning , online ordering is preferred. When ya need something now , they are there the posted hours. My time is worth more than saving a couple bucks waiting. Just saying.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Jean View Post

2oz of Marine Tex should be the same product no matter where you buy it.
    Exactly. It is the same product. Prices may very from place to place. You have a choice of where you want to buy it.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Some people enjoy being taken advantage of. Theres websites for them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I don’t care about Worst Marine’s pricing. My beef is their deteriorating in-store inventory, and ridiculous ordering/reordering policy. They (at least our store) are routinely out of popular sizes of clamps, pins, nuts, fittings, etc. When will they be in? Next Wednesday (the weekly delivery day). Can you order them for me? Yes. When will they be in? Next Wednesday. You’re out, so they must already be coming next Wednesday, right? I’m not sure, but if you order and pay for them, they’ll most likely come in. [Turn around, walk out] Fortunately, I have an independent marine store a little farther away. They’re a little cheaper than WM, but that’s not why I go there. Anything they don’t have, they order, and it shows up the next morning - they call me when they pull it out of the shipment. The counter guys are all hardcore boaters/fishermen, and are a wealth of information. I spend most of my boat bucks there, and I hope they stay in business.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL