Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1989 Hatteras 78' "Amelia"

We were trying to buy this yacht, but the broker was a jerk. I would like to find the owner who was interested in our offer and have him contact us directly. thanks for any help you can give me lining us up directly.

Re: 1989 Hatteras 78' "Amelia"

For some reason the Owner field is empty in the USCG database. Home port is West New York, NJ?

How about contacting the marina where the boat is located and have them ask the owner to get in touch?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

If you think the broker is a jerk now, wait until you try to go around him direct to the owner. You may perhaps want to engage a buyer broker to communicate in your behalf to try to move a deal forward.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    For some reason the Owner field is empty in the USCG database. Home port is West New York, NJ?

How about contacting the marina where the boat is located and have them ask the owner to get in touch?
    It's in a corporate name. Doubtful you could track down an owner.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

don't know if its at a marina as it shows at a personal dock in all the pictures "for sale" Thanks

Submit an offer to the broker subject to survey, sea trial, and direct interview with owner with your name and contact number in the contract. The broker is bound to submit the offer.

No he didn't, playing his own game wanting lots of money up front etc. United Yacht Brokers. Looked them up, they have hundred sales people, wanta be's. Yacht was listed with another broker and am trying to get them to work with me, but so far nothing.

If they have your name the broker can sue you for lost earnings if you go direct and buy the boat. Well at least here in California they can. But then again everyone sues everyone out here. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    No he didn't, playing his own game wanting lots of money up front etc. United Yacht Brokers. Looked them up, they have hundred sales people, wanta be's. Yacht was listed with another broker and am trying to get them to work with me, but so far nothing.
    Wow, I know yacht brokering is a smarmy business, but ethical requirements mandate that they submit all offers.

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    Private message sent. Found details that may help. Let us all know how you do...