Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trace Inverters

Trace Inverters

Two 32 volt Trace Inverters for sale, model # U2232. Working take outs on my boat. $500.00.
    Attached Images

Re: Trace Inverters

I can't believe these aren't gone already. There isn't many choices when it comes to 32v inverters and these have always worked great. If Mark didn't need the charging capabilities of the new Outback he installed, he'd still be using these.

This is great deal for someone with a 32v boat who would like to put in an inverter or replace one that has failed. Make him an offer.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Newer more advanced technology is available and that's why he changed them out. I install 12 and 24 volt inverters all the time and add additional charging and house feeds of these voltages on the 32 volt vessels. It makes sense to add a currently supported voltage to the vessel to support new electronics and devices.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Newer more advanced technology is available and that's why he changed them out. I install 12 and 24 volt inverters all the time and add additional charging and house feeds of these voltages on the 32 volt vessels. It makes sense to add a currently supported voltage to the vessel to support new electronics and devices.
    But at this price how can you compare to new. It seems most on this site want to do things for the fewest dollars possible. Here's your chance. Just hook it up to the existing house bank and you're ready to go. You don't need to buy batteries or find a place to put them. Just some wire and a fuse and some switch gear.

I would not even consider adding batteries for an inverter bank when the house bank will run the whole boat for up to 12hrs. I don't need the extra weight or the extra maintenance and cost.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 04-13-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    Sky Cheney

I'm building a system that should be able to support the vessel for 24 hours without recharging. Solar and wind help plus the Balmar alternator kits make keeping it charged simple.

Its for long term off the grid living not a day or two at a time. The 32 volt batteries are lead acid so they don't charge efficiently. Also the house bank is now the inverter bank too and the engine banks are desperate. Plus a genny start battery for good measure (4 banks total).
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

For those of us that love the Outback inverters, the Outback guys came from Trace when Xantrex bought out Trace years ago. So the Outback stuff is really updated modern Trace stuff. Agree with Sky, for that price the old Trace inverters are still good equipment. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

LAST CHANCE!

I just picked up these inverters from Mark. I'm going to take them in my next load to the scrap yard. Speak up now if you want them. No reasonable offer refused.

You'll get 2500 watts with one of these or link them together as Mark had them and get 5000 watts.
    Sky Cheney

Almost has me wanting to setup a 32 Volt battery bank

Sky I’ll grab them. I will pm you a little later today. Thanks!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I have two who want these now. Johnjen was the first. If he doesn't take them, I have a PM from someone else.

The shipping will not be cheap as these are heavy. So, I'll update when I know if they are gone for sure.
    Sky Cheney