Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hatteras Owners Manuals & Spec Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    I attempted this shortly after we purchased Pau Hana. Sam's referred me to Hatteras service manager, who has not responded for over a year. I've left voicemails, asked for email addresses, and new web site does not have any contact information.
    Paul left that hot seat. Contact C.D. Piner. PM left with direct e-mail address.

I did talk to C.D. Piner and files have been lost. I am lucky and have most everything I need . Hope all needing drawings are in the "not lost" category. The drawings are extremely valuable to the vessels.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I've spoke with CD (Piner) several times in the last year and he's been extremely helpful, whenever possible. In fact, just last week he was able to dig up three drawings for my 58LRC showing the deck drain, sea-chest plumbing and emailed them over to me. In retrospect, I probably have them on board, but was slack in checking.

I think it would be a great idea to create a repository for all documents on these vessels. Some of the systems are used on multiple models, some drawings are model specific.

If I knew how to scan large scale blueprints, I'd be happy to start digitizing and loading them to such a server if the webmaster creates such an area to store them.

In the meantime, if anyone needs 58LRC drawings, I have most of them, so I'd be happy to help out when I can.

The larger office supply stores can scan and digitize large prints. Of course, these are for profit cost centers, and I have no idea what they charge for these services.
    I just worked on this stuff in a previous career, never paid for any of my test scan & prints..

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    I've spoke with CD (Piner) several times in the last year and he's been extremely helpful, whenever possible. In fact, just last week he was able to dig up three drawings for my 58LRC showing the deck drain, sea-chest plumbing and emailed them over to me. In retrospect, I probably have them on board, but was slack in checking.

I think it would be a great idea to create a repository for all documents on these vessels. Some of the systems are used on multiple models, some drawings are model specific.

If I knew how to scan large scale blueprints, I'd be happy to start digitizing and loading them to such a server if the webmaster creates such an area to store them.

In the meantime, if anyone needs 58LRC drawings, I have most of them, so I'd be happy to help out when I can.
    Zig-

I have quite a few D size drawings as well. Most of them are schematics or wiring diagrams, which after 46 years are likely not very accurate... at least for my vessel as there has been relatively significant modifications made to my electronics, etc.

I would be willing to have whatever drawings I have digitized and uploaded to a portal if we had one.

I would also be willing to have mine digitized and share with other members.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Files have been lost? Hmmm.. Here is email I received trying to get same info.

Good afternoon.
    No Sir, unfortunately we had Covid related staff reductions and the department that produced our owner’s manuals is not currently active. I cannot reproduce them at this time.
    If you have a specific question or issue then I’ll be glad to try to help or furnish what information that I may have available.

Best regards,

C.D. Piner
    Warranty Claims Administrator | Hatteras/Cabo Yachts
    110 N. Glenburnie Road, New Bern, NC 28560 | Direct: 252-634-4867
    Hatterasyachts.com
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Just got off the phone with Sams Marine.

Drawings for pre-1983 vessels are on microfiche and they don't have a way to reproduce them.

Post-1983 information is scanned and they can assist with those schematics.

They have a number of manuals, unfortunately just not for the 53MY.

-C.