Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Standard Horizon Backs their Warranties

Standard Horizon stands firmly behind their warranties. I am so happy with them I am making this post in addition to a thank you note to them.

I have a 3 year old Standard Horizon Chartplotter on my flybridge that began having intermittant problems which now seem mor permanent. The screen had also become a little unclear due to sun and salt corrosion. I figured it was junk and time to buy new.

While looking through a catalogue to buy its replacement I noticed Standard Horizon offered a 3 year warranty. It turns out my unitl had a 3 year warranty that was at or near expiration. So I wmailed Standard Horizon to see if it was worth incurring the postage expecting to be told it was out of warranty or I needed the original proof of purchase or some other convenient excuse.

I promptly got an email back inviting me to send in my unit and promising results. Within a week I got my unit back iwth a refreshed screen in perfect working order. They also sent an antennae in case that was the problem.

Standard Horizon fixed my unit and sent an antennae in case it was an antennae problem. Norman Rockwell never envisioned customer service this good.

So keep this in mind if you are out their comparison shopping.

Bruce

43 DCMY 1976

Re: Standard Horizon Backs their Warranties

They also have chartplotters that you can transfer the chart chip while it's running. I have the CP1000 for both my helm and flybridge chartplotters. Now I only need one set of chips bacause I can take the chip to the flybridge with me and plug it in without restarting and reacquiring. Works great. Their new TFT LCDs are also very clear and sunlight viewable.

Doug

Re: Standard Horizon Backs their Warranties

I have bought and used their radios for years. They have a flat rate repair for the radios that is good for as long as you own it, as far as I can tell. Mind you, I have only had to use it twice, and the second time they just fixed my handheld VHF for nothing. They also get things back to you very promptly.