Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Owner aging along with classic Hatteras

Well said q. I agree wholeheartedly!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Well said q. I agree wholeheartedly!
    X2

Pete

Thanks guys.

I was also thinking recently that I wish I'd started on this when I was younger. Thing is, when I was younger I couldn't afford to do it! Now it's a race to get done while we're still young enough to enjoy the effort. Granted, it's the slowest race ever, but it's a race nonetheless. Father Time is relentless! The bastard never slows down or takes a break!

One thing we all need to remember is we are not getting out of this alive. Get er done.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

As a good friend keeps telling. "This is not a dress rehearsal"
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

These are the best days of the rest of our lives.

Agree with u all. I’d like to have my boat pristine by the time I retire. Freshen up the power and the whole 9 yards. I’m lucky as a lot of it has been done on my boat, but even things like changing out the fridge has prompted me to widen the passage down to the galley. Let’s face it, part of the fun IS the tinkering. I also love it when the engines are purring and I have a high degree of confidence in them.

Wink Re: Owner aging along with classic Hatteras

You don't know how good you have it. First, to reach the age where the effort becomes troublesome. Then to at least be able to see the problem. I did my own on-board maintenance on sail and power boats up to 46'. Then an injury paralyzed me from the waist down 20 years ago. Kept the 46' Bertram SF for 10 more years until it became to small (loved that boat) and converted a 1992 65' Hat to serve someone in a wheelchair; wheelchair elevator and davit lift. Never seen the vessel forward of the galley but she has room for staff. It's my home now, and one becomes patient and tolerant of the techs who call themselves qualified and aren't. Presently in Marathon FL. and after "Irma" getting a service person is nearly impossible. Oh, by the way, I'll be 87 in two weeks and do what I can.

87 is impressive even without the injury. You have earned my respect and Im sure the respect of others
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sometimes I feel like the first man to be electrocuted. Supposed he said "If it wasn't for the honor I'd just as soon decline"