Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Raritan vs.Techma Question

2 ga wire (#38) does not need to be changed.
    Attached Images

We installed Raritan Elegance heads 4 years ago. Plumbed to the freshwater system, they have been flawless and awesome.
    Sailor John
    Mad Hatter
    38' Double Cabin Flybridge

Raritan atlantes (believe out of production now) 32v. freshwater. 10 years. best system aboard. flawless.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Nice thing about the Raritan heads is they are available still in 32 volts, at least they were a year ago. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Question Re: Raritan vs.Techma Question

Hi everyone,

You guys seem knowledgeable as to Raritan heads. I have a Jabsco toilet that lasted me nearly 10 years, but which has been having problems with insufficient flushing capabilities and consistently getting clogged...

I'm not very handy in this area, so unfortunately, have had to call the plumber several times, who last time suggested changing the head.

I've been looking into Raritan heads, but I see there are electrical and manual units, and different styles of each. If you were to purchase a new Raritan toilet, which model would you go with? https://citimarinestore.com/en/364-r...marine-toilets. In this particular case, considering the range of prices not ending up too high, price is not a problem. I see a couple of mentions of the Elegance? Also, as to Atlantes, I believe it's still in production (but don't quote me just yet).

Also, on a side note, have you heard anything about Headhunter heads? Ran into the company at last years FLIBS, and seemed like a decent company. Have a friend who said I should go with them... any experience with headhunter heads would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

I have 3 Raritan Elegance heads now 3 years old and have been great so far. Never again will I do Vacuflush.

Another vote for Techma. First thing I did when I bought this 61' in June was remove all the old GM heads. Lots of fun running new waste hose. The Techma are a great product, a bit pricey, like $300 extra for the soft closing lid but very reliable product and no extra pumps or vacuum systems to deal with. I would suggest plumbing with fresh water to eliminate the odor.

Quote Originally Posted by JvilleJeremy68 View Post

Also, on a side note, have you heard anything about Headhunter heads? Ran into the company at last years FLIBS, and seemed like a decent company. Have a friend who said I should go with them... any experience with headhunter heads would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!
    Headhunters are great but need to be installed higher than the holding tank. Won’t work in some set up like the master on a 53-58. They also use a little more water as they use water pressure to flush.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thumbs up Re: Raritan vs.Techma Question

I much appreciate the feedback, gents.

I have 3 Raritan Elegance heads now 3 years old and have been great so far. Never again will I do Vacuflush.
    Think I may be moving forward on the Raritan Marine Elegance. Seen several recommendations here, as well as other forums. On another forum, one of the gentlemen said he's had his Raritan since '95, that's the one that sold me.

Thank you once again for the input!

I installed 3 Raritan Atlantis in 2006. Love them. They just work. I've done nothing to them. I'll never own another Vacuflush.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI