Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Raritan vs.Techma Question

We have OEM GM 32v heads and considering changing out to either Raritan or Techma. Saw the comments/suggestions in other threads but they are pretty old and wondering if there's any new advice out there? Thanks-
    Carol
    Gypsy Soul
    53' HN508

Re: Raritan vs.Techma Question

I've got Tecma and they are GREAT. I've got the silence plus short.

The Planus toilets are the newer iteration and are probably equal or better. Apparently some of the Tecma staff went off to do their own thing and it's pretty good.

If my Tecma toilets failed I would replace with Planus as they are identical footprints and the prices are a bit keener.

Since installed the Tecmas have been zero maintenance items (what a relief on a boat). One thing I wish I had done was freshwater plumbed them.

Regards, Bill

We put in the Raritan Marine Elegance, with fresh water flush and electronic control unit. One year in and we love it. All self contained no extra pumps or tanks, uses very little water. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thanks for the feedback!

We put in a Techma Silence Plus Tall a year ago and it’s been great. I did have to change the breaker from 10a to 30a and the toilet does a short second purge about 30 seconds after a flush that I didn’t see in the product description. We will replace our forward head next with the same but not in the “plus” size and that one will be plumbed to fresh water as there’s no good spot to mount the raw water pump in our 43’ DC.

Looks like the specs call for a 1.5" waste line to the holding tank. Since OEM GM are 1", besides a reducing spig, does the reduction in diameter affect the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hatt Craig View Post
    We put in a Techma Silence Plus Tall a year ago and it’s been great. I did have to change the breaker from 10a to 30a and the toilet does a short second purge about 30 seconds after a flush that I didn’t see in the product description. We will replace our forward head next with the same but not in the “plus” size and that one will be plumbed to fresh water as there’s no good spot to mount the raw water pump in our 43’ DC.
    I hope you sized the wire properly if you changed to a 30a breaker.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I hope you sized the wire properly if you changed to a 30a breaker.
    Derek referred to undersize wire best.

A fuse.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Derek referred to undersize wire best.

A fuse.
    Yes, one that burns up your boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I just replaced a 100 amp cord with burned conductors where it was pinched. It was tripping a breaker and they thought it may just be the ends.

I'll get a pic the next chance I get.

Even big wires can burn.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.