Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1966 Hatteras 28 Sportfish

'66 28 Sportfish, I think one of 25? Project, Hull has been stripped to the original gelcoat and re-gelcoated, yes gel coated not paint. from the top to the keel. No bottom paint. No blisters, replacement Slane windows and frames, glass full tank removed and 2 aluminum with diesel ports ready to install. Engines are Indmar 350 vortex bored .30 over balanced. Stainless Marine manifolds, Fresh water cooled. Bench ran and broken in. New stainless shafts, Struts, couplers, Rudder blocks rebuilt and glassed, The list of new replacement hardware is extensive and is basically everything needed to complete this project. self bailing glass deck. Pulpit and updated bow rail. Exhaust relocated, Engine vents relocated. Flybridge is off at this time. No expense was spared when acquiring the parts to outfit this vessel. It's a shame but I will not be able to complete and it needs to go to someone who has the time and the space to finish it. It's sitting on a 1998 Loadmaster Aluminum triple axle trailer that has never been dunked. I need to get $10k out of it, I have over $60k in it...Those of you that have followed this project over the years know what I put into it. I moved off the water and will no longer be able to see this through and enjoy it. The boat is a very rare and special part of Hatteras history and deserves to be brought back. Ask any questions I will do the best to answer. It is a killer deal for the right person. Charlie

Add, This boat is located in Largo FL, (Central West/Tampa/St Pete)

Picture 092.jpgPicture 021.jpgPicture 123.jpg
    Last edited by OVERSPRAY; 02-01-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Re: 1966 Hatteras 28 Sportfish

She's beautiful. If she will sell anywhere, and she ought to, it would be here.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    She's beautiful. If she will sell anywhere, and she ought to, it would be here.
    Thanks Jim, Wish I could finish, I mean like every Screw hole was ground out, glassed, faired and gel'd. It's basically a fresh build with no holes in it. It's got Foam core stringers, I think it only weigh's 12k, It would really scoot...I'll post some more pics....

I wouldn't think you will much trouble selling that baby.
    That thing looks sweet!

Is the trailer included in the price?

Post some more pictures! Does it have a lower station, or is it possible to put one (if it would be usable)?

I wonder how'd she scoot with one or two outboards on the back.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Krush,

I know where there's a pair of 220 up yanmars for a good price.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Is the trailer included in the price?

Post some more pictures! Does it have a lower station, or is it possible to put one (if it would be usable)?

I wonder how'd she scoot with one or two outboards on the back.
    Yeah everything i have for the boat goes with the boat. No lower helm, I suppose you could make one but it was never intended to have one. Not this model. I'll put some more up, There are a few on my page they are all of this boat when I was doing the hull.