Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1966 Hatteras 28 Sportfish

Nice to see what these boats can become. They are still better than anything built today. They just need to be updated.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

What a great example of what can be done with these classics. That looks absolutely amazing. Nice work. Where on Long Island do you keep her?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    What a great example of what can be done with these classics. That looks absolutely amazing. Nice work. Where on Long Island do you keep her?
    She's kept in Bay Shore. Thinking of bringing her to Florida next winter. To me nothing compares to the classics except possibly Huckins or Krogens. These days I can walk through the NY boat show in 20 minutes! Some say I'm crazy for putting so much money into them but then look at the nutty $numbers the builders are asking now! Here's another boat "I" built 15 years ago. A 1977 25SF Rampone. Same deal, all new everything. Basically the only original part of the Rampone is the bottom of the hull.25 Rampone Front Water.jpg25 Cockpit.jpg

Wow. That is fabulous. I'd say you should come the Northeast Rendezvous on Block Island this year, but I don't want to dock next to you. My boat looks bad enough as it is.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Wow. That is fabulous. I'd say you should come the Northeast Rendezvous on Block Island this year, but I don't want to dock next to you. My boat looks bad enough as it is.
    There's nothing like bringing an old girl back to life. Which gives me an idea........ok never mind, back to boats. Block Island rendezvous sounds great. Is that a Hatteras rendezvous, I can't seem to find it on-line? Would be a nice trip from Bay Shore to Block. My latest thought is to bring a Hatt 58 LRC back to like new condition. She looks to be an excellent cruiser.

It is a Hatteras Rendezvous made up of forum members and friends. We do allow a few carefully selected non Hatteras owners to show up too. If you search Northeast Rendezvous on this site you should be able to find the threads. This year's is scheduled for August 2nd-4th at Payne's Dock on Block Island. We've been doing them for over ten years and they're always a lot of fun. Keep an eye on the forum, we should be getting the announcement up soon so people can get it on their calendars. We would love to see you there.

Last year's was in Greenport: https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...ast-Rendezvous

1970 36C375

I can't wait to see the 58LRC project. Get on that and keep us all up to date here with photos of the whole process in real time.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Funny, tried a reply earlier but kept sending me to a "possible corruption" page, frustrating. Anyway I wrote that I've only been to Block Island once and not by boat, it was off season. A friend with a small plane flew myself and another friend there. Extremely windy is putting it mildly, lost a couple of years of my life with that landing. It would be great by boat and in season (warmer) and meet other Hatt owners. Will keep an eye out on the forum, looking forward, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hattman28 View Post
    Funny, tried a reply earlier but kept sending me to a "possible corruption" page, frustrating. Anyway I wrote that I've only been to Block Island once and not by boat, it was off season. A friend with a small plane flew myself and another friend there. Extremely windy is putting it mildly, lost a couple of years of my life with that landing. It would be great by boat and in season (warmer) and meet other Hatt owners. Will keep an eye out on the forum, looking forward, thanks!

Yes please come as Derek said I too would love to see that Classic since I am also a little biased when it comes to boats and have been called a little crazy for what I have done with mine.
    By the way my 34' came from Babylon back 19 years ago this spring.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Yes please come as Derek said I too would love to see that Classic since I am also a little biased when it comes to boats and have been called a little crazy for what I have done with mine.
    By the way my 34' came from Babylon back 19 years ago this spring.
    Dan - I'm 99.9999% sure I'll be there. Any excuse for a cruise is a good one. You mentioned Babylon, I fished tons out of Babylon. So many tuna trips to the canyons back in the mid to late 80's out of Babylon fishing station with George. Brings back memories, some great and some not so great but all good. Back then we would go out in pretty much any seas, today much more selective.
    Looking forward to seeing you guys at Block / Bob