Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

892 Turbo Blankets - Brand New

SOLD:
    I have a complete set of turbo blankets for two (2) 8v92 engines (4 pieces for each engine; 8 pieces in total for both engines). Purchased in late July, 2017. They were never put on, are still in the bag, never touched an engine. Located in Miami. $980 for all.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Angela; 08-08-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: 892 Turbo Blankets - Brand New

Do you know if there is any chance that they would also fit a 6v92? If so, I'm interested.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Do you know if there is any chance that they would also fit a 6v92? If so, I'm interested.
    While I do not know for certain (maybe someone else here does know), I suspect not since when you order them, you have to pick between the various DD motors. If they were all the same, I wouldn’t have had to specify which motors I had. Just a hunch, I don’t now that for certain.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Man... killing me... Just dropped about $1500++ on this a couple months ago. I would have snapped them up from you in a second. Heckuva deal!!

Where did you order them? I'd like to see if there is a chance they will fit, as I am in the market for a set.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I'm getting ridiculously high quotes on these (>$7000). Where did you purchase yours?

Sent you a PM a couple of days ago.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    I'm getting ridiculously high quotes on these (>$7000). Where did you purchase yours?
    Check Marine Exhaust Systems down in South Florida (561) 848-1238 http://www.marine-exhaust.com GREAT people to deal with and a fantastic quality product. Literally better than the originals that I pulled off.

They have most of these in-stock, but if not they make them in-house.

It appears that your covers will also fit the 8v71.

I guess they ain’t for sale after all.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC