Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cabin entry door needed

Looking for a replacement for my cabin entry door. It's a 46' 1980 convertible.

Re: Cabin entry door needed

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboat View Post
    Looking for a replacement for my cabin entry door. It's a 46' 1980 convertible.
    I just replaced my two wing doors and the salon entrance door on my 1982 Series 1, 48 MY. My old
    doors are painted with awlgrip (over teak) and the windows should be either replaced or gone over
    with tinting film. If you can use them they are yours. Post your dimensions and I'll check these . They
    are in NJ and they would need to get picked up. You can get an idea of what they look like on the
    Brochures section of this forum...

Walt

I built one from solid teak last winter for my 43C. Came out pretty good. I can send you pics if you want to try building your own.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

With a name dirtyboat you have to post pictures. Start to finish.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I just replaced my two wing doors and the salon entrance door on my 1982 Series 1, 48 MY. My olddoors are painted with awlgrip (over teak) and the windows should be either replaced or gone over with tinting film. If you can use them they are yours. Post your dimensions and I'll check these . Theyare in NJ and they would need to get picked up. You can get an idea of what they look like on the Brochures section of this forum...Walt
    Wow thank you that is very kind of you!!30”w 72”h 1.25”d

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    With a name dirtyboat you have to post pictures. Start to finish.
    The original dirty boat was a 32 foot blackfn. We bought the boat with the name dirty boat on the back of It and had every intention to change the name but before we could name just Stuck..dirtyboatislamorada dot com/about/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboat View Post
    Wow thank you that is very kind of you!!30”w 72”h 1.25”d
    Well 2 out of 3 dimensions are fine but the 30" width is off quite a bit. The wing doors are only 20" w
    and the salon door is 23" If you (or anyone else) would like to have them I will hold on to them until
    they can be picked up. BTW I don't know if I mentioned it but they are free..........

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Well 2 out of 3 dimensions are fine but the 30" width is off quite a bit. The wing doors are only 20" wand the salon door is 23" If you (or anyone else) would like to have them I will hold on to them untilthey can be picked up. BTW I don't know if I mentioned it but they are free..........Walt
    Awe shucks thanks for the offer!

bump! just wondering if there's anyone out there that may have one laying around

IMG_7215.jpgIMG_7214(1).jpgIMG_7213(1).jpg Built a door. this is the door I built for my 45' much better than the foolish inswing design your trying to go back with. I used the Grant tracks and sheaves that the motor yachts use for pilot house doors as well as the hatteras (skandvick?) door latching hardware. If only the site could figure out how to manage pictures in the attitude they are uploaded....its been how many years with this uploading problem?