Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Electrical Issues on Hatteras??

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I'm confused. The OP talks about this issue aboard a 1989 54' MY. Your signature says 1979 53' Classic.
    I saw that but I’m positive he’s talking about this boat. Boat was In Baltimore, he would captain this boat from time to time for the PO, (he did the sea trial) and the breakers he listed on ships services 3 are exactly mine. What are the odds that two boats have identical issues like this?
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I suggest inline with pass through downstream of the ship/shore switch so no need to touch it. It just works in pass through. If you need a second panel for the inverter loads it's easy as the quattro has a separate output for that. I also like the victron quattro as it has automatic input switching so no need to use a switch. It's all programming and can be automatic.
    Your way is the conventional way to set up an inverter and it works. But I personally like it so I can run anything. The manual switching is worth it to me. I don't want to have to decide which circuits are dedicated. I want any light and any plug to work. I guess I'm anti-automatic; I hate this crap on all of the new cars. Let me decide how close to follow with my cruise control on and when to brake.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I usually work with customers who dont want to rewire the boats. If theres an inverter panel or not the unit can be wired in either way.

In my experience with larger inverters theres no additional panel for the outputs since theres no reason to not power almost everything from it at least for short periods. I've set up automatic generator starts and change overs so the operator need not worry about what can and cant be used.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I usually work with customers who dont want to rewire the boats. If theres an inverter panel or not the unit can be wired in either way.

In my experience with larger inverters theres no additional panel for the outputs since theres no reason to not power almost everything from it at least for short periods. I've set up automatic generator starts and change overs so the operator need not worry about what can and cant be used.
    I'm sure some of it depends on the metal acuity of the operator.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI