Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

43C Glendinning Help

A friend here at the marina has a 1984 43C with 6V92s. His synchronizer is out. The indicator light at the helm illuminates, but that's it. I've been all over that boat and can't find the ECU. Can anyone give us some guidance on where to look or where there may be fuses for the Glendinning unit?

Thanks,

Robert
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: 43C Glendinning Help

The control box, if that's what you are looking for is probably between the transmissions, but it is not electronic if that's what ECB refers to.

Do both engines run, but one tach is not registering? If so, you likely have a signal generator issue or perhaps the tach cable or angle drive has broken. The Glendinning folks are always willing to help if you call them.

Bobk

Thanks. Both tachs register.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Just to be clear, are these mechanical engine controls that will have the bronze coloured control box, about 12 x 6, located within the control run or glendinning electronic controls where the software is located in the control heads on the bridge and the sync. light is part of the control head.
    I would also like to recommend calling glendinning, one of the best firms i have ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Colwyn D View Post
    Just to be clear, are these mechanical engine controls that will have the bronze coloured control box, about 12 x 6, located within the control run or glendinning electronic controls where the software is located in the control heads on the bridge and the sync. light is part of the control head.I would also like to recommend calling glendinning, one of the best firms i have ever dealt with.
    they are mechanical. I’ve advised calling glendinng. Just trying to help a friend. Thx
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC