Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    ttom02 Guest

32 Volt Gauge Replacement

I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread. So here goes again. I am trying to find a suitable replacement for my original AC gauges. Several of my gauges do not work and two have been replaced already causing a mis-match which I don't like. I have found several companies that make a replacement, but, I can't find a voltage gage with a range beyond 24 volts. Does anyone have a suggestion. Also, if the gauge manufacturers units will work with US senders, do I need to replace my senders also?
    Any comments would be helpfull.

captddis Guest

Gauges

Vdo makes 32volt meters. In general AC senders only work with AC gauges. Dave

Sam Sams Marine Guest

Gauges

Please contact Steve McPherson @ Sam's Marine (336-824-6765 ext 207). We have a complete line of replacement gauges for the original AC gauges.

All of the gauges actually work from a 12 volt power supply located under the console. Only the bulb that illuminates the gauge is 32 volt.

Please give me a call and we can discuss in detail.

Thanks,

Steve McPherson

captddis Guest

gauges

I believe the query was about a 32 volt VOLTMETER.
    which does use line voltage to operate. In this case 32-36 volts. And yes the temp,gear, oil press. are all 12 volt and need a power supply or resistor to use on 24 or 32 volt systems. Dave

leonard rudofsky Guest

temperature guage

If you have an original electronic temperature guage for a 1978-53 Motor yacht, flat face black I would be interested in purchasing. I can be reached at 617-312-3535 or lrudofsky@packarddevelopment.com

ttom02 Guest

Gauges

Thanks for the info. I have contacted Sams and he has a Stewart Warner replacement package. When I finish with this, I will have two complete sets of original AC gauges with only a couple that do not work. I will post again when I find out exactly what I have if anyone needs.
    Tom