Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1974 Hatteras Convertible

When I bought the boat I was making a lot of money and we took two years redoing a lot of it. Rub rail up was painted with Awl Craft.

The boat is 1974 Hatteras Convertible with diamond plate bow pulpit with railing. The engine's were majored by Dave Hinkle (1-941-358-6149 or 1-954-605-1358) from the crankshafts up. He remembers the job because his first grandson was born at the time. It has hour meters on the electric panel which are accurate. The engines are Detroit 8v71ti's with 435 HP. Both engines have block heaters. The Generator has 1155 hours & is a 12KW Next brand. The Port & Starboard engines have around 700 hours. Digital tachs on Detroits. Alge X in line fuel conditioners for each engine, Racor 1000's for each engine and Racor 500 for the generator. Priming fuel pump for each engine.

Under the eye brow on the fly bridge is a A/C & heat unit that dumps into the salon. The boats were not built with this. On the floor under the plywood between the engines is a "XChange gear driven Oil Change System", supposedly the best system. Firebox engine room fire suppression system. Under the bottom bunk in the v-berth is a Raritan ElectroScan treatment sewage treatment system. The A/C units in the engine room were changed. The more you look, the more you will fine. Under the front of the port engine are two strainer and a.c. pumps. If Sea nettles or grass stop up one strainer, you can throw a electric switch, turn a valve and use the other strainer & pump and your back with AC. Hot water heater with 12 volt and 110 volt pumps. A Manitawoc ice maker in the cabinet on the back deck. Sink, Faucet and tackle box in real cabinet. Granite type counter top with stainless steel sink. 3 burner electric stove with oven. Build in Sub Zero refrigerated drawers which don't work but are used as ice chests. Lazy Boy sofa with recliner ends. Liquor cabinet, 3 closets, build drawers and cabinets, rod holders in salon and v berth, anchor winch, CRQ plow type anchor, Aluminum Outriggers, canvas for front & sides

V berth has 2 bunks, dresser drawers, cabinet, closet, access to rope locker for winch and rod holders overhead with hatch. In the companion way there is 4 1/2 feet tall of drawers and cabinets with a bunk over top with hatch & closet. Electric head in companion way to one side. Master stateroom has queen bed, closet, full head with one piece fiberglass shower.

Furuno 585 Fish Finder with deep water transducer, Furuno 48" radar, VHF, Standard Horizon DSL 35 depth finder, Simrad AP25 autopilot, 110 volt waterproof outlet on flybridge, Remote control dual beam search light.

Fly bridge has 2 Captain's chairs at the helm, about a 5' bench seat in front of the helm and about a 5' bench seat to the right of the helm.

The boat name is SEA 21. HIN: HATAT 3130474
    Attached Images
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Re: 1974 Hatteras Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    When I bought the boat I was making a lot of money and we took two years redoing a lot of it. Rub rail up was painted with Awl Craft.

The boat is 1974 Hatteras Convertible with diamond plate bow pulpit with railing. The engine's were majored by Dave Hinkle (1-941-358-6149 or 1-954-605-1358) from the crankshafts up. He remembers the job because his first grandson was born at the time. It has hour meters on the electric panel which are accurate. The engines are Detroit 8v71ti's with 435 HP. Both engines have block heaters. The Generator has 1155 hours & is a 12KW Next brand. The Port & Starboard engines have around 700 hours. Digital tachs on Detroits. Alge X in line fuel conditioners for each engine, Racor 1000's for each engine and Racor 500 for the generator. Priming fuel pump for each engine.

Under the eye brow on the fly bridge is a A/C & heat unit that dumps into the salon. The boats were not built with this. On the floor under the plywood between the engines is a "XChange gear driven Oil Change System", supposedly the best system. Firebox engine room fire suppression system. Under the bottom bunk in the v-berth is a Raritan ElectroScan treatment sewage treatment system. The A/C units in the engine room were changed. The more you look, the more you will fine. Under the front of the port engine are two strainer and a.c. pumps. If Sea nettles or grass stop up one strainer, you can throw a electric switch, turn a valve and use the other strainer & pump and your back with AC. Hot water heater with 12 volt and 110 volt pumps. A Manitawoc ice maker in the cabinet on the back deck. Sink, Faucet and tackle box in real cabinet. Granite type counter top with stainless steel sink. 3 burner electric stove with oven. Build in Sub Zero refrigerated drawers which don't work but are used as ice chests. Lazy Boy sofa with recliner ends. Liquor cabinet, 3 closets, build drawers and cabinets, rod holders in salon and v berth, anchor winch, CRQ plow type anchor, Aluminum Outriggers, canvas for front & sides

V berth has 2 bunks, dresser drawers, cabinet, closet, access to rope locker for winch and rod holders overhead with hatch. In the companion way there is 4 1/2 feet tall of drawers and cabinets with a bunk over top with hatch & closet. Electric head in companion way to one side. Master stateroom has queen bed, closet, full head with one piece fiberglass shower.

Furuno 585 Fish Finder with deep water transducer, Furuno 48" radar, VHF, Standard Horizon DSL 35 depth finder, Simrad AP25 autopilot, 110 volt waterproof outlet on flybridge, Remote control dual beam search light.

Fly bridge has 2 Captain's chairs at the helm, about a 5' bench seat in front of the helm and about a 5' bench seat to the right of the helm.

The boat name is SEA 21. HIN: HATAT 3130474
    You should be very proud of the outcome. Beautiful
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thank You. The exterior is in need of some knowledgeable buffing and some repairs. This has been a great boat for me.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

Is it for sale?

If so....price, location, contact info would be useful.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

$70,000. Currently at Salt Ponds Marina in Hampton, VA. Someone is looking at it there 12/28. After New Year's will probably move it to Charleston, SC.SEA 21 fbhelm with Furuno radar.jpgSEA 21 fb seat on right.jpgSEA 21 v berth top bunk & rope locker 2.jpgSEA 21 fbhelm with Furuno radar.jpgSEA 21 fb seat on right.jpgSEA 21 v berth top bunk & rope locker 2.jpg
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

Update, I listed this Hatteras with a broker who had sold a 46' Hatteras redone by Tom Slane for significantly more money with what he called "tired motors" I wanted to list it in the $70's but he insisted at $82,000 was the right price to ask. Well, I still own it. Below the rub rail needs to be painted or wrapped like what is popular now for what I understand is less money. Above the rub rail was painted years ago with Awl Craft. It has never been buffed. It might buff out nice. I don't know. What I do know is this is a damn good boat that my wife and I enjoyed. If you know a guy who wants a big boat to fish or has a wife that might want to cruise, that's what we did on the Chesapeake Bay and all the way from Pompano. Tell your friends about it.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21

Tom, maybe I missed this, but where is it now? You might also contact Seaeric about this.

It is at Blue Water Yachts at Hampton. VA.
    Thanks about SeaEric. I will PM about the boat.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    SEA 21