Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TP in galley maid heads?

I’ve never had a problem running marine paper through a marine head. The boat i bought has galley maid heads and the previous owner has signs that read “no paper in toilet” in each head. Thoughts? Another friend of mine won’t allow paper in his vacuflush system. Have i been living on the wild side or what?

Re: TP in galley maid heads?

Maybe they mean paper towels. I run regular Charmin through my galley maid heads and have never had a problem.....yet....but when I do I may change my mind.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

I have little experience with GM but it shouldn't have any issue. I ve been using regular TP in vacuflushes for 15 years. No problems.

What you don't want flushed is tampons... in the GM the string will wrap around the rotor and in BF they get stuck in the duckbills
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

No issues using TP, however I know that sometimes it can block up on the elbows of the waste lines. When that happens you can usually clean it out without any problems. If you ever took one of those pumps apart you would see the solid brass impellers. Really heavy duty.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

When I had galley maid heads, I ran paper through them all the time. In my opinion, any other way is barbaric. Just know when a double flush is necessary.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

6. Re: TP in galley maid heads?

We use regular TP, but put the septic safe Scott’s in the guest heads. And, I tell guests to “flush early and often.”
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

I always use single ply and never have a problem......until the grandkids visit

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    I always use single ply and never have a problem......until the grandkids visit
    I forgot about the grandkids. I did get some clogs once they came to live with us. Both at home and on the boat.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Angel Soft is cheap and works well. It will disintegrate quickly if a kid puts too much in at one sitting. Tincture of time and away it goes.

Bobk

I have vacuflush heads and we use regular two-ply toilet paper all the time without any problems. We have a notice that tells guests not to use large wads of TP and to wipe then flush, wipe and flush. Always make sure there is water in the toilet bowl and then the toilet paper shreds very well.
    Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC