Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: 1964 Hatt Yacht-Fish 41 - Joining the club

That is so awesome. I love hearing that type of stuff. My wife and kids are chomping at the bit to get this boat in the water ...... and I'm getting close. Well, so close, yet so far away. I'm hoping to be painting the exterior within a month and have new windows in 3 months. The bottom of theSalon TV cabinet.jpg boat has SO many layers of chipping paint that I'm going to take it all off and start from scratch.

Attached is a sketch of why I moved the lower helm. I want to keep the salon open and use the center of the salon for a jack-in-the-box TV hidden inside a cabinet.

I can't wait to make those kinds of memories with my family and take loads of photos. I'll look back at them as I get older ..... and can no longer fit through the opening to the flybridge.

Good luck with your project. You young guys have the energy and desire to work very hard on these
    restorations and it's great. Please keep us up to date on your progress. Re, your "jack in the box" TV,
    I like your idea very much.. We did a similar thing on my 48 and a friends Hatt and they work out very
    well. I made my cabinet at regular counter height and much wider than the TV so I have some storage
    space in the cabinet. I used the Benett trim tab hydraulic pump with their long hatch raising tube and it
    works very well. My friend (a fellow HOFer) put in an electric lift system. If I had to buy either the
    electric or the hydraulic system, I would probably opt for the electric, but since I had all the stuff for
    the Bennet unit and being the frugal person that I am (lol) I used what I had.

Walt

Glad to hear you like the idea. I see the salon as being a main social gathering space and occasional stateroom so I wanted the helm off to the side as it'll mainly be used in foul weather, which isn't very common in southern California. I'm attaching some photos of the boat currently without the windows and new paint as those items won't happen for a while. The portholes have been pulled and will definitely need some attention. To date, they've been bead-blasted and look like they'll resto just fine. Lastly, the wiring is 95% complete and is extremely thorough .... over 1,200 feet of new wiring. Ouch.
    Attachment 23795Attachment 23794Attachment 23793
    Attached Images

..... and here's the wiring termination points.
    Attached Images

Spectacular!
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by nabstar View Post
    ..... and here's the wiring termination points.
    Where is that. The access looks so easy to get to.

I wish I had that kind of access.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

It is located on a hinged door in the salon, right behind the helm (helm not installed in this photo yet) and it just drops down for access.
    2016 Sep - Salon elect 1.jpg

Attached are photos of the finished portholes painted white on the interior and "Fighting Lady" yellow on the exterior/hull side. They look brand new ..... cannot wait to see them in place. The tinted safety glass should be done in a week. And the trim rings (near each porthole in the photos) will be chromed that sit around the porthole on the hull side.

2017 Nov - Porthole paint 1.jpg2017 Nov - Porthole paint 3.jpg2017 Nov - Porthole paint 2.jpg

Your portlights are magnificent!

How were they prepped and what primer and paint was used?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Wow on the portlights.

I have 9 in my boat and figured removing and filling in would be easiest but you changed my mind there.

Your power panel concerns me.

The windows leak and the vents for the er pull a lot of wet air and most through that area. I'd not leave it exposed to the elements.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.