Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 1964 Hatt Yacht-Fish 41 - Joining the club

I believe original was Chris Craft power. A Lincoln block if memory serves.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

And wasnt the helm originally centered?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    And wasnt the helm originally centered?
    The ones I've are. And OP has one in much nicer shape than this old per gal I saw last week dying slowly.

Gotta love that ass!

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

and from the WTF department:

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

dive boat , uses the prop thrust to dust the bottom...........Pat

Yes, the boat was repowered about 12 years ago and the engines only had about 300 hours on them ....but that can be a bad thing as it's obvious they weren't used much. They required a new top end and lots of work but they run flawlessly now. And the original engines from the factory were Chris Craft V8's with 275 hp. These Marine Power 454's have a bit more juice.

For the flooring, I'll be using Amtico commercial flooring in a "natural limed wood" color. It's much lighter than the walnut to keep the salon from feeling like a dungeon. I believe they use that in the new Tiaras and Prestige boats .... and others I'm sure.

In regards to the helm, yes, it was centered with a cabinet to the port side. For me, most of the driving will occur on the flybridge so I wanted that cabinet gone to gain more seating for a long "L" shaped couch. I also moved the helm to the starboard side. There was enough room to move it over there comfortably and in its place, I'll be building a custom cabinet with a jack-in-the-box TV that'll pop up centered in the salon yet, when raised, be below the forward windows.

I made a custom aluminum ladder that leads down into the engine room held in place with retention pins that can be removed when access to the batteries is needed.

Vintage salon images. More room with the helm shifted to starboard.
    Attached Images

..... and a photo of what can be with enough time, patience and money.
    Attached Images

fantastic

My 1968 41c had original Chrysler 440s when I bought her. After 10 years, I replace with 454s and picked up a few knots and cut fuel consumption by 1/3. Few years later, replaced with 3126 Cats. Shafts were big enough, return line connections were on top of the tanks, salon floor was high enough, so piece of cake. I also re-painted her twice and changed interior 4 times.

I miss that 41. My kids grew up on that boat, I have more pics of family fun on that boat, than anything else.

Enjoy, you will give up before she will.

Tim