Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 1964 Hatt Yacht-Fish 41 - Joining the club

That looks superb. Beautiful work.

Very nice indeed! What kind of wood did you use on those panels?

Congratulations. Looks like you are doing wonderful work.I have a question about the hull number based on the notation written on the bottom of the drawers in my 1967 41 convertible. Can anyone help with 41RD#165?
    Attached Images

I'm not sure what the RD is. My 1966 41c is 41C117
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I'm using walnut on the interior. I like the darker color of walnut rather than the red-ish color of the Philippine mahogany. The really dark wood along the top edge of the salon is still the Philippine mahogany but with a dark stain and gloss lacquer. In person, it looks so rich. I love it.

Regarding hull numbers, I too would love to know more about my boat but didn't see it listed on the Sam's Marine hull numbers page.

Great work, if you finish and take a cruise down to San Diego, let me know, I would love to see it. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Look at other drawer bottoms to see if they all match the RD. That could have been a custom number for a change in the standard build.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Oh, I'll be down to San Diego. I love that place. Great fishing off the banks and amazing surf on Point Loma and La Jolla. Lots of space to roam for a bigger boat. And, I'd love to see your 53 as well.

Beautiful work, as good as any I've seen. What are you going to do for flooring?

If that is the convertible 41', then the first one that I saw in person had 413 Chrysler engines. I see 454's in your ER, so at some point, she was repowered. Love the olde school gauges, which are beautiful. Were those re-chromed and/or regauged?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...