Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Re: 1964 Hatt Yacht-Fish 41 - Joining the club

Quote Originally Posted by nabstar View Post
    Just read my post .... and I said that the "below decks" work was NOT finished ...... I meant to say that the below decks work is NOW finished. Ooops.
    Then let’s see some more pics!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Definitely Looking SWEET!!!!

But yes we need more pictures please Helm looks nice, clean simple and still has a classic look.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Truly beautiful work. Now that I see where the bar is, I'm not posting any pictures of mine.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

It's been quite a while since I posted but there's been a lot of work done in that time so I'll begin to place some images on here .... and I'll try to show it in the order it was finished. 2019 Dec - Paint 4 first coat.jpg2019 Dec - Paint 3 first coat.jpg
    Attached are some images of the first "roll & tip" coat on the hull using Awlgrip "Fighting Lady Yellow".
    Attached Images

Next was to finish the hull with another coat, begin painting the cabin/flybridge and to also begin painting the boot stripe. In the attached photos you'll also see that I've attached the completely restored port lights as well as the oval-ish air plenum from Vetus. I love this air plenum (mid hull) because it has the same oval shape as the port lights & fits the 60's look of the boat.
    IMG_8142.jpgIMG_8166.jpgIMG_8164.jpg

This old girl looks magnificent already and is going to get even better. Worth a trip to CA just to see her and get the tour..

I always loved the lines of those old hatt's, and your's is very nice.

Just read this thread from start to todays post, all I can say is WOW I am indeed impressed with your work to date nothing short of fantastic.. I myself have no talent nor patience to do the kind of work you have done. The pride you will feel when you splash her will be immense. I am sure you and your family will have a lifetime of cherished memories aboard her. Again Well Done Sir!
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Very nice. Love that color.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thanks for the kind words Jims4DC. I really appreciate it. My goal is to achieve a complete restoration worthy of a vessel like this. One of the hardest aspects of this resto has been the amount of time and money spent to "do it right". It often has felt that I'll never get to the aesthetic part .... you know, the part that everyone "oohs and awws" over. To that end, here are some more images of the "doing it right" part.
    There were a LARGE number of stress cracks in the deck, cabin & flybridge. Every crack has been ground out, filled & faired.
    IMG_8187.jpgIMG_8256.jpg
    Window frames were filled & faired. Some of the original wood needed epoxy as well to ensure longevity. By the time this was done to all window openings in the salon, the house was as strong as an ox & looked new. Window frames were custom made by Mark Plastics in southern California using 1/4" gray tempered glass.
    IMG_8178.jpg