Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: 1964 Hatt Yacht-Fish 41 - Joining the club

Gorgeous. Absolutely Gorgeous.
    Regards
    Dan

Sure, but for what it would cost to install diesels, you can buy an awful lot of gasoline.

This is the best restoration of one of these boats I've ever had the pleasure to see. She's just outstanding.

One of the props had a crack in the hub so I had to replace it but had the existing prop tuned & balanced to match the new prop.
    IMG_8247.jpg

I wanted to make trunk cabin windows sliding but also know that I'll likely be adding a few hatches and therefore decided to go away from sliding. Fewer leaks. Frames were cut on a CNC, epoxy'd, primed & painted. After attaching to the cabin, all countersunk screws were filled & faired to make the frames look clean.
    IMG_8304.jpgIMG_8851.jpg

Almost forgot to mention that I pulled the entire rubrail ...... so many pieces ...... so long ...... but was able to bring them to a polisher using a stakebed truck. It was rather costly but man, does it look good once installed. I did the same thing to the splash rail. Also, the original Hatteras scupper grates were installed. The former owner had cleaned & re-chromed them ...... so I've had them for years, just waiting for the day when I could finally install them. Same goes for the chrome rings on the outside of the port lights. Mid installation.
    IMG_8166.jpgIMG_8167.jpgIMG_8186.jpg

Great project!! That is really looking nice.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Looks great! Glad there is crazy people out there!
    Here is mine!
    hatt.jpg

Stunning, great to watch the project. Thank you-
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

MikesMarine22 - Your Hatteras looks awesome. Great work.

I haven't posted in quite some time but have continued to work on the restoration. I've installed a new(ish) hardtop that the former owner purchased but never installed. It's finally up and is SO great. The flybridge felt naked without it. I'll attach photos soon. And lastly, I've been finishing the interior. This pandemic kicked my business in the teeth but I'm out the other side and hope to pick up steam on the restoration shortly.

Beautiful! We are in the same process on a 48 YF. Everything but the engines. Happy to see the passion and creativity here.

Yeah....were going to need an update