Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZF oil filter

ZF oil filter

I am doing a transmission oil change on my ZF325A gears. The ZF filter is a 3213308019. I am tired of paying $160 for filters from ZF. I have found four crosses that each manufacturer confirms to the ZF part number:

Cummins Fleetguard HF6352
    Donaldson P551327
    Luber-finer HP1
    Wix 57819

Anybody have any comments on the quality of any of these brands? Anybody know who makes the ZF filter?

Thanks,

George
    Last edited by Reefgeorge; 11-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Re: ZF oil filter

You can bet zf don’t.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

No, but I have used both WIX and Fleetgard for decades and no problems ever with either of them.

Used WIX and NAPA products for years and also never had a problem. WIX makes the NAPA branded filters and supposedly they are exactly the same filter.

I’ve used Baldwin but my mechanic is not pleased with what he has been hearing and in switching out all filters to DAVCO. You can contact them for cross over numbers at 800-328-2611.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I used Wix on Ford Lehman and DD. They are high quality filters. There used to be pictures in the net showing the cut aways or Fram and Wix and the Wix was reputedly the better filter. If it meets the spec, I would not hesitate to use Wix.

Bobk

Interestingly if you go to the product page of each filter that I listed above they usually say typical application: HYSTER or something else not related to ZF. On the WIX page however under typical application it says ZF transmission. If I had to take a stab at who makes these filters for ZF at this point I would guess WIX.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

You can find at this link for $31.40
    https://www.sbmar.com/articles/zf-fi...oss-reference/

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Island View Post
    You can find at this link for $31.40
    https://www.sbmar.com/articles/zf-fi...oss-reference/
    I tried that site early on but none of the suggested filters showed a cross on the manufacturer pages so I went with the crosses that did come up from each supplier. WIX and Fleetguard look the most interesting right now.

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgeorge View Post
    Interestingly if you go to the product page of each filter that I listed above they usually say typical application: HYSTER or something else not related to ZF. On the WIX page however under typical application it says ZF transmission. If I had to take a stab at who makes these filters for ZF at this point I would guess WIX.
    you are correct as wix is the biggest filter producer in the us they make for everybody in the private branding programs.

http://www.manufacturing-today.com/i...87-wix-filters