Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: 2018 Northeast Rendezvous

I'm heading down the sound now, spending the night I Westbrook. It is a beautiful nite sunset in the west simultaneously a full moon rise.

Happy hours will commence at 1812 hours, when Nick arrives at 1828 hours there will be a moment of silence,,,,,then we go back to rum and games.

See you tomorrow.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

This looks like it will turn out very well. I hope someone posts some photos to encourage other regions to Rendezvous

Years ago there were plenty of smaller local get togethers around here. 6 to 10 hats anchored out in the river over the weekend was common. Today we dont have the same group. Many sold their boats or worse. Also not as many convertibles getting together and talking fishing. More of the cc crowd.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

4. Re: 2018 Northeast Rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    This looks like it will turn out very well. I hope someone posts some photos to encourage other regions to Rendezvous
    Here's one from our first official rendezvous - 18 years ago

2002.jpg
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

[QUOTE=Boatsb;335406]Years ago there were plenty of smaller local get togethers around here. 6 to 10 hats anchored out in the river over the weekend was common. Today we dont have the same group. Many sold their boats or worse. Also not as many convertibles getting together and talking fishing. More of the cc crowd.[/QUOTE

Not to hijack this thread, but I would be interested in a raft up or Rendezvous here or within 100 miles. There are also about 25 other Hatteras' here in Daytona Beach that have mentioned to me about doing something.

Scott, if you or someone wants to plan something I am in, and I can talk to some others and gain interest.

Tim

Re: 2018 Northeast Rendezvous (weather hold for BANDIT)

Weather hold for BANDIT. A combination of persistent fog and the posted Small Craft Advisory kept us in Newport, RI today. I don't enjoy a 3-foot chop on the nose for 3 plus hours. Our plan is to head out tomorrow morning ETA about noon Saturday.
    Sorry we will miss the cocktails tonight. Already sent the dockmaster an e-mail advising him of the delay.

Al & Claudia Rose
    M/V BANDIT
    cell (910) 309-4238

I'm back jn my home port, In my wake I left old friends and new, I had a great time. The BBQ was great, to many choices, even on my third pass.many thanks to the many cooks. And the thoughtfulness on Nick to have a sheet cake to celebrate the birthdays of Cliff, Dan and Mike was awesome.

Not that long ago, I think 7 maybe 8 years, I was the new guy. And when I
    I arrived I was welcomed with an extended hand, a nice feeling. My son found young friends to engage and looked he forward to next year. Now I am a part of the group, hand shakes and kisses when we arrive, a warm feeling.

I don't know how many Hats arrived, those that did had fun.

I didn't take many photos, those that did, please post them.

I'm looking to next year, on Block Island.

If you never attended a NE Rendezvous you should!!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

So it looks like another Northeast Rendezvous is in the books.

It was a great get-together as it has been many times. A lot of old friends, and a lot of new ones this time around as well. Thanks everybody who participated and made '18 one for the record books.

Thanks to all who contributed. As usual I was blown away by the hospitality, the food, the cocktails (Disclaimer: What happens at the Rendezvous, etc...…)

The food,.....OMG the food! There is some fabulous culinary talent here!

I know pics of a bunch of people standing around don't really convey the feeling, but this is just a great place to hang out. You can just meander and pick up with any group that's enjoying the festivities and chat with them like you've known theses people for years.

Rev Nick gave the invocation:

The legendary "E" Dock:

There was a great buffet that cost a lot of effort, but well spent:

We're not going to talk about the cocktails, but I woke up with some chick I didn't know looking at me:

But seriously, I've met some of the best people I've known in my life at these things.

Participate. Organize one. Or just arrange for a few people from the HOF in the local area to meet for a dinner to get to know each other. Knock on the hull of another Hatt at your marina and say hi. You won't be disappointed.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I've been to a NE get together years ago with my son. What a great time we had.

Tim if we can't get a floating get together we should at least grab some adult beverages when I'm in town again.

I have a few customers in Daytona who are either in the Bahamas or down here at the moment. I should be back up there in a few weeks.

I thought about running up for a vacation but this year may not allow it schedule wise.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

No matter what side of the US you call home the Rendezvous/cruise outs all look the same when it comes to eating on the dock. Boaters will never go hungry. Love this type of event.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California