Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 53c info

Re: 53c info

Chris:

I would use Burt Linke. (419) 348-6746. Burt is a master on Detroits. He worked for Detroit & Williams for many, many years. He is now on his own but is extremely well respected among Hatteras owners from Detroit to Cleveland. I know this boat and I highly recommend an engine survey.

Mike
    (440) 808-9838

is there anyway you could PM me and give me further information on this boat. sounds like you have more knowledge about the past history than i do. made an offer on it and was accepted, survey set for tuesday. any help would be appreciated.

I was talked out of have an engine survey by an “Old Salty Dock Pro” and it was a mistake! I’m sure the surveyor would have found the major issues that I found AFTER I bought the boat… I wish I had known better.

Nice looking Boat does it have a Slane Marine decal under the Hatteras on the side????
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I dont recall a "Slane Marine " decal on the boat but i will look tomorrow, survey day! i am going to follow Mike's advice and give his mech a call for the sea trail next week. this site since I found it has been great help, spent most of the last few days reading all the old posts and hopefully gained some knowledge. great bunch of people with 100's of years of combined knowledge that you cant get anywhere else!

I found my list, Chris. And, yes, Burt was on the list. I had some notes on the list too. They confirm that Burt is the man you want for the job. Hope all goes well.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

yes, best of luck with the trials. hopefully we'll be welcoming you to the 53-fold soon enough...

Chris...Thanks for inviting me to look at your new boat. I am impressed. If for any reason you decide not to take it, I will buy this boat. Congradulations and welcome to the owners group.

Well survey was yesterday, said the boat was in exceptional condiction! got a question on another matter. I noted that the controls for the transmissions are different from what I have learned on and what I am used to, one port, one starboard. They are spread about 30" apart. (short arms) I would like to swap the cables around to put the shifters on port and throttles on starboard. Any thoughts on how or if this can be done?

Original Hatteras setup was shifters on stbd and throttles to port. I would think that it would be pretty easy to change it back to the OEM setup.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI