Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Making an anchoring bridle

Had a long chain on my 34. Got rid of it due to heavy snap in seas. Formed an opinion that I don't like much chain. Have had great results with only 20' of chain on both the 34 and now the 46. Think the success is due to setting properly, stern anchor when needed, or just simply paying attention on tide changes. But I hate wind against tide pitting the boat with the rode pointing from the bow backwards under the keel where I constantly monitor and pull in/out to make sure the rode doesn't get tangled in the running gear.

Had a discussion with a local friend with a 44 trawler and he explained the whole bridle thing. I NEED THIS! Thinking of going 100' of chain and making a bridle that would attach off my forward mid ship cleats (cleatage? sorry Rclarkson) and help avoid entanglement of the running gear during conditions where the wind fights the tide. As I understand so far the bridal allows shorter scope.

Thoughts?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Cool Re: Making an anchoring bridle

Contact Dave at Miami Cordage.

DC

Re: Making an anchoring bridle

I used Miami Cordage for my tender tow line and was very happy. Planned to have them make the anchor bridle as well but Mantus had a better price during their sale.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale