Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Onan MDJE Raw Water Pump Not Pushing Water/ Cure

You may want to try ordering impeller from Stay Cool Pumps per my prior post #23. As I noted there, I believe their impeller is a bit wider then OEM one's you get these days from Onan.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    You may want to try ordering impeller from Stay Cool Pumps per my prior post #23. As I noted there, I believe their impeller is a bit wider then OEM one's you get these days from Onan.
    That is of great interest! I will follow up with them. Thanks! I will hit them both with a mic, on their width, when I get the Stay Cool impeller!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    That is of great interest! I will follow up with them. Thanks! I will hit them both with a mic, on their width, when I get the Stay Cool impeller!
    Sparton,

Please do let us know your width measurement result. My new Onan brand impeller lands flush with the top
    of the housing bore. Installing the gasket results in a slight gap between the impeller and cover (by
    the thickness of gasket).

I strongly suspect this is the problem. I have ruled out everything else (process of elimination)!

Very frustrating......
    Ken C.
    Comfort Zone
    1978 42' Bertram FBMY
    Sandusky, Ohio