Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ideal Windless motor

Can anyone recommend a company that can rebuild my Ideal 32v Windless motor?

Thanks

Gary

Re: Ideal Windless motor

Quote Originally Posted by mykim View Post
    Can anyone recommend a company that can rebuild my Ideal 32v Windless motor?

Thanks

Gary
    They're still in business. Have you contacted Ideal?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Have you tried the local auto electric shops? The ones that look like you'd be scared to go in are probably what you're looking for. The absence of shipping costs and fast turnaround is a plus. I can tell you I was pleased with the local rebuild of this 32V motor in Charleston. That's a pretty good sized hole in the front.

IMG_8090.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Have you tried the local auto electric shops? The ones that look like you'd be scared to go in are probably what you're looking for. The absence of shipping costs and fast turnaround is a plus. I can tell you I was pleased with the local rebuild of this 32V motor in Charleston. That's a pretty good sized hole in the front.

Attachment 22949

That's what I'm looking for. Seems so many starter/alternator repair shops have gone out of business these days. I'm aware that Ideal is still in business but their costs are high. Whats the name of the shop you use in Chas?

Quote Originally Posted by mykim View Post
    That's what I'm looking for. Seems so many starter/alternator repair shops have gone out of business these days. I'm aware that Ideal is still in business but their costs are high. Whats the name of the shop you use in Chas?
    Carolina Auto Electric, (843)722-4171.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    They're still in business. Have you contacted Ideal?
    Hopefully Ideal still has the same service....they've were purchased by Schaefer Marine

Schaefer Marine acquired Ideal Windlass in late 2016 and our team has been expanding our knowledge on the product line to best service the incredible customers of Ideal Windlasses. Our team will be progressively adding more resources to our website to serve windlass owners and prospective buyers.

Since 1936 IDEAL Windlass has built the most dependable, rugged equipment available. Do you require a windlass for the most demanding conditions that will be trouble free for many years? IDEAL has the model for you!

For immediate assistance, please contact our team at 508-995-9511 or email Ideal@SchaeferMarine.com
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381