Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Access to air handler/blower motor

1971 53my. At times sounds like blower motor is turning g but squire cage does not unless I give it a little help. Was hoping to address this without pulling complete assembly but don't see how to gain access. Don't really see how to remove air handler assembly eitheir. This is the forward saloon unit. Any suggestion on how best to address would be appreciated.

Re: Access to air handler/blower motor

If its a squirrel cage it's been replaced. I believe the regular propeller fans were standard on your boat.

That being said access depends on how it was installed.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks ScottIt's a cruiseair ebs16 air handler does that reinforce your suspicion. Doyou know if those motors are service separate from assembly.

Should be. I removed mine. Hard to see screws because of black sprayed on insulation.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

On my 1970 both 16k saloon were original and squirrel cage. The forward had the same issue.

I have redone that whole section of cabinetry but the original set up had a bunch or screws hidden behind nailed trim pieces. If i remember right there were some screws in square reinforcement on the bottom that could be reached after pulling the airmreturn grille
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat