Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: NIGHTINGALE 56 foot motor yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Yes she is sold.
    Congrats on the sale. Would your share with us what she went for?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Congrats on the sale. Would your share with us what she went for?
    Soldboats reports $390,000.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

WOW big surprise. She sold for asking. So much for "ugly divorce", "NEVER GOING TO SELL FOR $399,000"
    Worth every penny.

We ended up having 2 back up offers the same week ready to go for the same price if this buyer didn't pan out. I'm not sure how things are outside of the Great Lakes but the market is extremely strong for quality clean boats up here.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

So are you moving up? Down? Glad to see you had a successful sale!

Greetings. I happened to find this thread this morning and thought I'd weigh in on the commentary from the perspective of the buyer. We purchased Nightingale last year and I'm well aware that it wasn't the deal of the century. We had been looking for a classic motor yacht for more than a year, including coming dangerously close to buying Heron, a 68' Roamer out of San Diego. When we pulled into New Buffalo and saw Nightingale for the first time, it was "game over" for my wife and I. She was the best boat in the best place....for us. Paying a little extra (or perhaps a lot extra) for something we wanted was worth it. The boat is in pristine condition for a 33 year old with evidence of excellent past care. I'm also the kind of owner who washes her every week, polishes everything in sight and will replace every missing nut, bolt, snap or light bulb. We were also fortunate that the former captain keeps his boat a few docks away and has been an absolute wealth of information for someone who has never owned a boat before (yes, Nightingale is our first boat). She has brought us more joy in the past year than any other self-indulgent, non-essential, luxurious purchase we've ever made. So in 10 years or, when it's time to sell her, I won't make a profit and she'll have cost us plenty. That's not the point with an acquisition like Nightingale. It's about enjoying a well-built, well-maintained classic yacht, who still turns head as she makes her way through the harbor out to open water.

Good for you! Post some photos as you go on your adventures with her. Nice that she is still in fresh water, she will continue to stay pristine up there.

Well said. These boats are beautiful, and although the Detroit’s are not the most tech advanced engine you won’t get stuck somewhere due to an electronic malfunction. Every time I look at my Yachtsh I think she’s a beauty. I don’t think I’ve derived more pleasure out of any other toy I’ve ever owned.

That’s the best stated explanation of why we all probably own these boats, thanks for sharing and enjoy the heck out of it as most of us do. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.