Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: NIGHTINGALE 56 foot motor yacht

Buyers set the price of any thing.
    Last edited by dcate; 07-15-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Without a motivated seller, what you're willing to pay is irrelevant. That's where the fun begins. As with anything, on any given day, that boat is worth exactly whatever someone is willing to give for it. That's why it's still for sale. Even with another $100K price reduction, the new owner will be married to it forever... excepting a very expensive divorce.
    Truth hurts! When I joined the forum in 2010 I got my a*# handed to me when I commented that a 1978 60C asking over 400k was out of line. Their were members demanded I be banned from the forum for such a comment. Years later when it finally sold the owner PM'd me and told me I was right. If he had listed it at a realistic price he would have been way ahead. In the end he sold it far below what he could have gotten even a year before. The old adage "a rising tide raises all ships" works the other way also.
    I will say MikeP did it right, he had an immaculate low hour boat set a realistic asking price and the boat sold.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I will say MikeP did it right, he had an immaculate low hour boat set a realistic asking price and the boat sold.
    To the first person who looked at it.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post

The problem for me is that "it's kind" is thirty-three year old MYs powered by obsolete but reliable engines, which is a not very desirable category. Maybe a better way to look at it is this: you have 400K to spend on a used motoryacht? What's the best way to spend it?
    But BUT BUT!!! This picture! How can you put a price on this!?????!

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    But BUT BUT!!! This picture! How can you put a price on this!?????!

I'll give $20 for that picture, IF it's nicely framed!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

We actually have two offers now on the boat. The price is significantly higher than any other 56 that has sold in the last several years and people have realized that you have to pay to play from what we see currently. The "experts" here will be surprised to find the actual sale price.

With these boats, you can buy a lesser expensive versions but you either pay now or pay later. This is turn key in every respect.
    Last edited by Nightingale; 07-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    We actually have two offers now on the boat. The price is significantly higher than any other 56 that has sold in the last several years and people have realized that you have to pay to play from what we see currently. The "experts" here will be surprised to find the actual sale price.

With these boats, you can buy a lesser expensive versions but you either pay now or pay later. This is turn key in every respect.
    I assume by your edit that my sarcasm involving the photo sunk in, but are you telling us the boat has been sold?

There's always that one buyer who will pay a higher price for an outstanding example, but it pretty much balances things out if it takes a year or more to find that proverbial needle in a haystack. She's a beautiful boat, and I hope she brought (brings) big money.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Proves you can make a boat better than new. The only negative can be the DD's for future service. Nice job...beautiful boat.

If I was spending that amount I would snatch that up. Very very nice boat. I made the mistake of sending a link to the "rear admiral" now she wants it but won't even go halfsies with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post

Good for you. Since most of us don't have access to sold boats data via YW, we'd like to know what she sells for. As I said, she's a beautiful boat, and the buyer won't be troubled by her age. Most of us here own older boats by preference, which is why we're all interested to see what she changes hands for.