Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NIGHTINGALE 56 foot motor yacht

I see that she is for sale again . Is she as nice as the pictures ? Anyone been aboard ? Does the price seem correct ?

Edward

Re: NIGHTINGALE 56 foot motor yacht

Is there a link to the listing?

What a spectacular yacht. Pride of ownership.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

She is a beautiful boat.

No one really knows what the correct price is for something like that is until it sells.

One equation for figuring the price of anything is to ask yourself, "What would this sell for if I bought it and went to re-sell it?"

Then you have to ask yourself...."If I don't believe it will bring what I paid...is it worth the premium just to have it?" If you believe you can sell for it for more...that's called an investment.

Gorgeous boat. I love those things. But I would had to have renamed mine "Heart Break Hotel" if I'd kept it. (I'll never replace mine for anywhere near what I sold it for....that's a certainty).

But it was worth it. I'd do it all again in a NY minute.

She appears to be an extremely nice yacht at an extremely optimistic price... as in double what I've seen some very nice 56's go for recently. I guess it all boils down to how much it's worth to have (arguably) the "best" 56 on the market. I'd personally go with the others and enjoy the $200K to use it and/or make it mine.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It is a very nice boat, at least in the photos. There are a lot of very pretty built-ins, or custom furniture pieces, I think. It's impressive. It may be the nicest of its kind on the market.

The problem for me is that "it's kind" is thirty-three year old MYs powered by obsolete but reliable engines, which is a not very desirable category. Maybe a better way to look at it is this: you have 400K to spend on a used motoryacht? What's the best way to spend it?

If you want a very sturdy boat with classic looks and just okay performance, this may be the way to go. I would be curious to see what else is in that price bracket. This isn't a modern MY with performance, and it isn't a trawler, either. It's kind of a gem from a bygone era- I guess the question is, what's important to you and how much do you care about resale? I wouldn't doubt that this one is the most expensive one out there.

The right price is the one that your willing to pay.

Without a motivated seller, what you're willing to pay is irrelevant. That's where the fun begins. As with anything, on any given day, that boat is worth exactly whatever someone is willing to give for it. That's why it's still for sale. Even with another $100K price reduction, the new owner will be married to it forever... excepting a very expensive divorce.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93