Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: Starboard side Raycor always needs topping up before staring

Quote Originally Posted by DCMY #92 View Post
    I later replaced it with a fatter round section Oring.

Do you happen to have the part number or dimensions to share?

Re: Starboard side Raycor always needs topping up before staring

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    Do you happen to have the part number or dimensions to share?
    An aftermarket gasket set (probably WIX or NAPA) that came with a replacement filter several years ago contains 3 gaskets. There is no part number, but the paper with the gaskets lists the contents as:
    4.7" diameter gasket (used on all 900/1000 units)
    .750" diameter T-handle gasket (used on all 900/1000 units except 900/1000 FG)
    .620" diameter T-handle gasket (used only on 900/1000 FG units)

The square section Oring is .75" OD. The smaller round section Oring is .62" OD

A left over Racor (again several years old) gasket set contains the same gaskets, but no descriptive paper or part numbers.

3. Re: Starboard side Raycor always needs topping up before staring

I have been troubleshooting air bubbles in the Racor/ Flowscan inaccurate readings / low idle / low fuel pressure. In my case it was the lines to/from the Racor assembly creating a vaccum leak. Old fuel lines have consistently been a problem on our boat and might be worth taking a close look at.

20170713_035921748_iOS.jpg

4. Re: Starboard side Raycor always needs topping up before staring

Quote Originally Posted by DCMY #92 View Post
    An aftermarket gasket set (probably WIX or NAPA) that came with a replacement filter several years ago contains 3 gaskets. There is no part number, but the paper with the gaskets lists the contents as:
    4.7" diameter gasket (used on all 900/1000 units)
    .750" diameter T-handle gasket (used on all 900/1000 units except 900/1000 FG)
    .620" diameter T-handle gasket (used only on 900/1000 FG units)

The square section Oring is .75" OD. The smaller round section Oring is .62" OD

A left over Racor (again several years old) gasket set contains the same gaskets, but no descriptive paper or part numbers.
    Thanks for this. I took a look at our housings and they seem to be the round gasket type as far as I can tell.

5. Re: Starboard side Raycor always needs topping up before staring

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunc View Post
    Had my Detroit guy look over the fuel hoses and no signs of any leaks.
    One of our 3-4 air/fuel leaks was under the floorboard between the Racor and Manifold. It looked like the inner jacket has been permeated and then the outer jacket on the hose was the only thing preventing an air leak. A bit of chafing on the outer jacket was all that was required to cause a small air leak in this case.