Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Aft deck hatch removal

you just found your dock box since 2017? the wind must have pushed it waaaaayyyy down the dock. LOL
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: Aft deck hatch removal

I know ... crazy. When I got back from Eleuthera 4 days after Irma, I noticed my dock box was missing along with a few others near the end of the dock. I thought it was lost. Turned out the wave action ripped it off the studs and pushed it down the dock about 100’. I guess someone moved it place and in the 3 years walking by in ever knew it was mine !

It was by a damaged slip so I guess Nobody opened it till now when my boat washer came to me saying he had found about 70/80’ of new 50amp cable and wondered if I could use it. That s when I figured nobody would abandoned all that cable so I checked out the box and sure enough I found the hatch and a few other things of mine.

Glad I found that cable because the POS Heel cord I bought 3 years ago already looks like crap so I ordered new plugs. That cable came from Ward Electric and is tinned unlike the marinco cables.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat