Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: Old Kohler Generator Parts

Thanks for that info.

I recieved my first order from AP today. They took a few days to ship, but the parts are old (and likely hard to stock) and coming directly from Kohler.

2. Re: Old Kohler Generator Parts

I just put a new thermostat in ours. I can confirm these part numbers:

Thermostat (Perkins Part Number) - I sourced this from http://www.perkinspartsdirect.com/2485613

Gasket (Kohler Part Number) - I sourced this from https://apgeneratorparts.com/kohler-...?search=259027

I also changed the hose on the elbow. You need a 1 7/8" hose section about 2.5" long for that. Its not fun, but doable without taking off the manifold/heat exchanger.

Our heat exchanger was a bit gummed up so I used some radiator cleaner in there. May be worth a try if you are doing a thermostat.

Images

Re: Old Kohler Generator Parts

JonI just wanted to give you and everyone else an update. The yard ordered the thermostat from the website you suggested. They shipped it out from the UK, the yard installed it and the generator is now working. The yard had tested the old thermostat and confirmed it was bad. Thank you again very much. Martin[QUOTE=JonHupp;310467]The Kohler parts can be very tough to find. Kohler only made the generator part and it likely has a Perkins diesel (Model 4.154) and it is often easier to find parts for these (since they are still on old tractors and such).Check out:

4. Re: Old Kohler Generator Parts

Yeah, buddy! Glad to hear.

Ours has been chugging along as well. They seem to be survivors!